Chapter 4: Can't Find My Way Home

Sammy entered the agency office where she worked with a pile of documents in her right hand and a cup of black Starbucks coffee in her left. "Has Mr. Brown's arrived, Hannah?" the blonde girl at the reception desk smiled happily at Sammy.

"Yes, he has. You just got home at 12 PM and have been already here this early?" Hannah took a sip of coffee Sammy briefly kept on the table. Sammy shook her head slightly in displeasure but made no protest.

"Well ... say that to our celebrity who paraded all day yesterday, share intimacy in every corner of London. And making his face plastered everywhere," Sammy took a sip of coffee first before lifting the documents she had just kept momentarily on the table.

She needed a vacation, Sammy thought.

And she needed to talk to Can, she thought again.

She let Hannah sip another sip of coffee while looking at the TV in the middle of the reception 'room' which was formed from a semicircular table attached to the wall of the room. This table would definitely be the first thing you saw every time you entered the lobby of this company. Except for Can who seemed to have a special interest in the rubber tree in the corner of the lobby.

He said the rubber tree made him smile. He remembered the rubber tree in his house which he rarely watered.

A strange boy, Sammy smiled and was rewarded with curious questions from Hannah. "Nothing. I have to meet Mr. Smiley first. Can you call Can for me and ask him to meet me at the Lotus cafe at lunchtime?"

"I thought he would be busy with preparations for the premiere of his latest film. That's today right?"

Shit! Sammy bit her lip, keeping the curses from escaping her mouth. "I haven't called for Can's rental car." Sammy massaged her temples and put down the documents again, deciding to call Can by herself. When she just opened a contact on her smartphone, there was an incoming call; from Brown.

Sammy answered him. Hurriedly said that she had arrived and was already in the lobby.

"Okay ... I'll be at your office in a minute. Yes, I've bought all the tabloids and infotainment magazines with headlines about Tin and Can." Sammy reached for the pile of documents and samples of magazines that she had talked to her boss about. As she moved away, she hinted that her black coffee she was giving to Hannah. Since Sammy only had two hands and one hand she used to hold the phone and the other to carry her documents. Sammy wished she had many hands like the god Vishnu, ah forget it, Sammy should stop reading stories of Asian mythology or romance behind the walls of Chinese palaces. Sammy warned herself that most of the lessons from those stories were impractical to apply to real life.

Or at least the life of an artist's personal manager like Sammy.

"I'll hang up, Mr. Brown. I'm getting in the elevator now." Sammy stowed her smartphone in her coat pocket and corrected some of the positions of her documents which were slightly tilted because she was in such a rush. After being neatly positioned on his left arm, she used her right hand to slightly tidy up her partially tied hair. Tucking her bangs that were a little too long behind her ears.

Might be it was time to change hairstyles. The thought of changing hairstyle replaced as the elevator tinkled. Back to Can's problem.

Can didn't know the consequences of his actions. Sammy couldn't help but sigh as she walked towards Brown's room.

Can did not understand that he was walking on the edge of a cliff. With the intimacy they boasted yesterday, the public inevitably thought they were official. If not, there would be a lot of lopsided glances, especially for Can, of course. The likelihood of people thinking that this was just acting would increase if they didn't also confirm relationships. And besides, once again, the lopsided gaze would be on Can even more. Since Tin clearly declared his feelings of interest, okay, might be it couldn't be called a declaration either. Tin didn't say he liked Can openly. But his actions and mannerisms were very clear.