Chapter 10.2

"Can!"

Yates screamed, half reproof, half-hysterical. "You know the rules of marriage, right? Never look more dazzling than the groom?"

Can wasn't sure he had heard of such rules.

But he just chuckled, knowing that Yates was nervous. His hands were shaking and the sideway glance he was not showing special to anyone in the room, showed it.

And the screeching just now when he called Can's name by octave was almost too feminine to be a male voice. Can knew how nervous Yates was right now. Feeling it from the atmosphere that surrounded Yates.

Might be that was why as soon as Can got to the yard of Yates's house, Yates's two twins older brothers immediately said, "Can, thank goodness—"

"Finally you came too! You must—"

"Stop Yates!"

"He's grumbling—"

"No stopping!"

Can, who was immediately dragged upstairs and into Yates's room, didn't quite understand what they meant.

But looking at Yates's pale face right now, hmmm ... Can knew quite well what to do.

So Can pulled Yates into a tight hug. You know, no homo bro kinda hug. And trying to transfer all the calm Yates needed.

The hug came off after about ten seconds. A respectable time to make it obvious was bro hug.

"You look handsome, Yates. Take it easy."

"Look, if I'm handsome enough I'll start appearing in movies again instead of directing," Yates grumbled as he looked back at his bow tie in the mirror. Can took over, removing Yates's two hands which did not help in repositioning the bow tie and made it wrinkle only more.

"You're handsome, Mate," Can stood between Yates and the mirror. "Besides, I know it's more than about your appearance. Cause you usually do not care about that. You care about something more," he paused for a moment, returning to the previous position, standing behind Yates while holding his shoulder. "You care about someone more. I know you care so much about Sammy, you don't want to mess this up. And you are doing great for almost two years now. Sure, a lifetime is not a problem for you two," he smiled reassuringly. Yates still looked unsure, but then had no better answer than to laugh at Can's difficulty with motivational lines.

"You're a good lyricist Can. But don't even try to make a speech script." Yates seemed a little relaxed now. Can moved away from Yates and chuckled.

"Jokes on you, Mate. Yesterday I just got the role as some asshole marketing leader."

Yates's eyes widened.

"You mean you got the role in Lone Wolf on Threadneedle?"

The young man whose black hair was now neatly combed only widened a smile.

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE GONNA BE THE CAPRIO OF ENGLAND!" Can screamed 'I know right?' to offset Yates's excitement.

"You just need to act frozen in the next film, and BAM! You get the Oscar!" Yates still looked incredulous.

Years ago Yates had heard rumors about the filming of this President of the Bank of England. He always joked to Can if Can could get this role, Yates himself would confirm the Oscar nomination for him.

Can didn't really care about Oscar, but when Sammy informed him about the film's offer, Can couldn't help but remember his conversation with Yates about this. Really, Can didn't feel that he needed appreciation. Although right now he sometimes felt a little insecure every time he passed the living room and looked at Tin's trophy cabinet.