Chapter 9.2

"So, yeah ... I kinda went too far and end up in the station that has a Japanese culture shop," Can stopped telling stories to sip his spaghetti.

The two young men wandered around for nearly half an hour looking for a sushi restaurant that was still open at half-past twelve in the evening. Tin didn't realize that he was coming home from work too late. And Can didn't realize that chewing gum and drinking a can of soda wasn't enough for his stomach. So, these two lovers who were being in love and positive hunger stopped at a simple pizza shop with 24 hours writing. It had two male servants with a unique apron with the words 'We Put Hug, in Thug'. Looking suspicious because they were still so eager to serve customers after the early hours like this. Tin bought lasagna and Can ordered spaghetti, even though their waitress said their best menu was a double cheese and mushroom pizza. The two of them were currently not interested in that menu.

Tin, who finished chewing, swallowed his spoonful of lasagna and tried to summarize Can's story.

"Okay. So, you're tired of making Sammy and Yates worry, then feel like you need some fresh air and have your taxi take you to the nearest subway station. Take the train from there and get stranded in the station of the middle of nowhere and buy souvenirs with egg yolk characters?"

Can chuckled. Amused by his adventure tonight. "Yep. He's so lazy that's cute ..."

Tin wanted to protest and sneer at Can's childish behavior. But for the first time, the young man seemed completely satisfied with the souvenir he had bought. He looked really happy. Something rare and odd in Can's poetic face, who was destined for melancholy expression. Tin wondered if Can's melancholy face had become sentimental? Or was it because his brain was working too poetically, his face also following with a melancholy expression?

"Gudetama?" Tin read the Japanese characters on the key chain Can bought. The twelve key chains that Can bought. Twelve. Yep. Can was suddenly obsessed.

All the characters had a minimalist expression full of laziness. With pieces of short sentences that revolved around the theme of laziness. It was cute. Yeah. And it felt vulnerable at the same time.

Guess who had that aura?

Can smiled at Tin with a little spaghetti sauce left on the corner of his lips. Tin took a tissue that was provided on the edge of their table and wiped the stain. Can paused and stopped smiling. For a moment his face had an expression as if he saw the weirdest thing in the world. In his eyes, there were warmth and surprise. As if it was an affection he didn't expect from Tin. Tin cleared his throat softly, wanting to kiss Can right then and there. But choosing not to because it sounded to cliche in his brain.

So Tin's hand moved away, and he started the conversation again.

"You know that Sammy calls you many times, right?" Can smiled again. It felt friendly and familiar. Tin felt strange of course but made no comment. Waiting for his question to be answered.

Can stopped smiling after rethinking Tin's sentence, his eyes glared slightly in surprise. "Really?" Can took out his smartphone and just realized that the electronic object had been off for some time. "Oh shit!" said Can frantically because he knew how angry Sammy to him if he made her worry.

"You don't even remember to check your cellphone?" Tin was ready to grumble. But holding it back because Can looked regretful at this point.

He just sighed and said, "At least you're okay."

"Well ..." Can's expression changed slightly, the crook of his faint smile leaving Tin a mystery. Of course, Can had always been a mystery. But tonight was like the climax of all mysteries. Tin felt like he was in a horror film. Being the famous star, chased by a kind of terror. Tin was waiting for whether it was a ghost or a monster. Or the madness that resided in the human brain, the creature that was said to be at the top of the chain. The survivor.