Chapter 10.5

Can stared at his blushing face in the mirror.

The heat he shared with Tin on his lips was still there. It was noticeable with every puff of air around him.

Besides that, the blushing was also because Mark had caught them kissing once again.

Even though over the past year Mark had caught them doing more than kissing dozens of times over the past year. It was not Tin and Can's fault why these artist managers had a habit of just walking into their homes without knocking. Besides, Tin's purpose of buying the house was specifically for making love in every corner of the room, he whispered the first night they occupied the house. So Can, whose competitive spirit was high at that time, challenged Tin to how quickly they could cover all corners of their house with traces of their love. And of course, Mark caught them at least five times a week.

Sammy had at least once, Can knew because she screamed. The rest, Sammy was traumatic and would call ahead before entering their home.

Meanwhile, Mark seemed to have his own target for how much he could catch Can and Tin, then looked at them with judgment as if Mark was their sex education teacher in high school.

Can found his seat at the long table where Yacht, Sammy, and both of their family were gathered. He sat next to Yates as he watched the two of them gaze at each other lovingly. Can thought about canceling the lease in a world that now belonged only to the two of them. Before then he realized by the clink of glasses and spoons that grabbed everyone's attention in the room.

The wedding host Yates hired from their wedding organizer stood up and talked, "Pray silence for the best man." Can was a little intimidated by the loud voice of the man in the golden tuxedo, and his gold tuxedo was very distracting too. Then all was quiet, silent.

Everyone looked at their table. Can felt like he was sitting next to Jesus Christ at the last dinner and everyone knew he was going to be the traitor.

"Up, Mate!" Yates whispered with his warm smile. Sammy clapped her hands and a wave of applause from the audience present began.

Can stood and surveyed the room, finding Tin's face that offered a silly smile to Can's pale face. You, notorious son of Satan! Can thought. Tin was enjoying this sight.

Can was still wondering why not just one of Yates's brothers became Best Man, they were quite close for such a big family. But Yates just smiled and said, "But you are my best friend, you are my brother except for blood, and that's the best company I can ask for. I want you to be the important part of my most important day." Can wanted to argue that Yates had involved him too much with wedding preparations. He didn't need to add to his role anymore. But Yates's gaze was warm that afternoon and Can felt like he had a brother. So, of course, he accepted it.

Even though the public speaking Can was as dilapidated as Yates's.

Can received the mic from the host in the gold tuxedo earlier, the young man's smile was too formal to remind Can of Willy Wonka. Okay. Focus. Can pulled his speech notes from the inner pocket of his suit.

Back to survey the room. Seeing faces full of anticipation as several people sipped the alcoholic drinks that were served. Tin offered him a smirk and Can had to refrain from pointing his middle finger at Tin and traumatizing Yates's grandparents.

"Okay. Test." Mic sound came out fine, Can cursed silently again. He hoped there was a hitch from the audio so he could have more time to build up his confidence.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Family and Friends." The greeting was the easiest part, Can could get through it, no problem. "My name is Candace Grant, I'm Yates Reynolds's best man and apparently, I am his best friend." There was boisterous applause after that. Okay. Introductions already.