Chapter 10.4

Can stood at the end of a row of Yates's brothers, the altar behind them was decorated with white roses imported from the farm around Italy. Sammy's mother and two of Sammy's childhood friends were on the other side of the altar. Waiting for Sammy to emerge from the end of the door, accompanied by Mr. Coates.

The church bell chimed to the harmony of old pipe organs, pipes was carved in gold, and piano parts was made of old mahogany. The harmony played the Hymn, which if Can wasn't mistaken the title of the song Praise The Lord Oh My Soul or Bless The Lord Oh My Soul, but naturally Can didn't really remember, he had forgotten the last time he went to church.

The church was simple, not too big, quite old from the stone decoration outside. The exterior adjacent to the congregation's grave beside the church reminded Can of St. Martin, one of the oldest churches in England.

He liked church walls painted white, Yates said they repainted usually every two years. He saw the children's crayons and unclear scribbles on the left, the marks from the children did their Sunday class activities. In fact, this church was very impressive for its warmth, perhaps because of its small size and the lack of statues or ornaments on its white walls. Again, these white walls were genius for Can as they blended in so easily with Yates's wedding decorations. Behind ornate white roses adorning the altar were paintings on stained glass depicting the birth of Jesus Christ.

For the measure of 'celebrity', invitations from entertainment circles were few. Most of those present were from the Reynolds family. Tin sat in the third row after uncle and aunt Reynolds and Yates's grandparents, and the famous grandmother Leslie whenever Yates told him about his unromantic prom night. Yates was delighted to blame his vintage suit, which a sure his mother took from the pile of old clothes at his grandmother's house. He always swore that the suit full of old lace smelled of onions mixed with dust and was musty and disgusting.

Tin sat at the very end of the bench, deliberately making sure he was facing Can. The young man accused in his head. He took the time to send Tin a snide look to make sure Tin knew he was still sulking because of Tin's bratty comment. Tin who was given snide look only widened his aristocratic prince-like smile.

"Shit, he's handsome!" Can said to himself.

So he chose to return to focus on Yates who looked full of cold sweat, but then Can gave his focus to the open door right now.

The music stopped and changed to the song Ave Maria, a classic wedding hymn.

Sammy appeared in her white dress, the hallmark of chastity. The dress was white with long sleeves and a full neckline with pretty lace. Classic and elegant. Her white high heels were covered by the fluffy skirt of her dress. Can knew very well the pattern of roses and orchids that swirled from under the dress and spread up his waist to meet and twist around Sammy's waist. Can knew every detail of the dress because he was the one who accompanied Sammy to meet three designers in London for this dress, and finally Sammy suited with the designer who was still Sammy's old friend, The Bhatia Sisters. They gave Sammy the best satin for the insides of her dress and the embroidery of the latest models coming from Mumbai. One thing Can had learned from his adventure with Sammy in finding the best dresses was that Indians had whatever fabric that you wanted, and oh yes, Sammy got half price for their services. Link really could get you everywhere.

"She's so pretty." Can heard Theo whisper to Tyrese.

To which Tyrese replied with, "Yeah ... Honestly I still didn't get it how Yates manages to trick her to marry him."

"Do you think Yates does some magic spell?"

"Nah ... He can't even spell his last name correctly until he was in middle school."