Chapter 10.3

Can was half-panicked when he found out Tin was still on the other end of London when he should have arrived at church. Something about business stuff, blah, blah, blah that couldn't be put off. He sometimes annoyed with Tin's real wealth and business. But then he stopped panicking as soon as Yates panicked because the car that was supposed to take Sammy from the hotel where she and her family was staying to the church where they had their wedding broke down in the middle of the road.

Yates's face flushed red.

"It's fine ... we already sent another car there ... It's just like 30 minutes, it's fine ..." Can handed a glass of water to calm his friend.

"What if this is like a signal from God that this is a bad idea?" Yates began to be ridiculous. Just waiting five more minutes, his head would connect the delay of his wedding ceremony with the Illuminati. Can knew because Yates recently watched too many conspiracy theory videos on YouTube.

And because Can in recent days gotten more text about Google's plans to rule the world than about the details of Yates's wedding knick-knack.

It was a kind of coping mechanism if he started to feel worried. He would shift the issue that was worrying him to another issue.

"It's fine really ... Theo has already left ... and you have enough siblings to send if the next car breaks down again." As soon as Can finished speaking he knew he'd got the words wrong.

"Oh no ... what if Theo's car breaks down too? Then we send another car and keep breaking down and and and ... Sammy never makes it ... which means this wedding shouldn't happen."

Can really wanted to slap Yates's head at this point, making his brain still for a moment and calming him down. Once again, bad idea, Can thought. After all, Can didn't want to be scolded by Yates's mother, who combed her son herself. Yates's mother was always caring and affectionate, but sometimes Yates felt that he didn't get attentive quite because his mother was busy taking care of the other siblings' interests (Yates had 3 older brothers, Dean, and the twins brother, Tyrese and Theodore; and 1 younger sister, Anne). So when thirty minutes ago Mrs. Reynolds arrived to request a moment with Yates, Can stepped outside.

Also, he picked up the phone from Tin about his tardiness.

And Boom! Sammy was late. Yates, who was previously calm and happy, fell apart psychologically.

Can was used to being the one who was soothed, not the one who was soothing. Someone should have taken over his current position.

Where did the other Reynolds go, huh?! He wondered.

So he took a breath as could as possible and gathered the remnants of wisdom from every corner of the neurons in his head.

"Of course not, you yourself said Sammy is worth all the effort. Even with all the struggles and bad lucks or anything that's going on inside your head, you already said it before, she worth it." He sometimes felt lucky he was an actor and could equal for the dramatization in the panicked brain of the groom whose bride was stranded on the street somewhere in the corner of this city.

He had to rethink the offer to go to the theater, it was good to hone skills like this.

"Yeah ... yeah ... okay," Yates finally took a sip of water from the glass he'd been holding. "But ..."

"No buts, Yates Reynolds. It's gonna be okay." Can nodded with all conviction and half-fun, the Machbet-style melodramatic expression he had once played when he was active on the theater stage.

If this were the usual circumstances, Yates would have yelled at Can to stop all the acting nonsense at this crucial time.

But it wasn't every day that Yates panicked because the marriage might be late, started in about thirty minutes.