Chapter 4.3

Sammy half-ran when she saw Can reached the end of the red carpet. Having finished posing for the reporters, he politely declined all interview offers and smiled his usual awkward smile. Saying he was in a hurry, pointing at Sammy's sour face at the end of a fluffy carpet trodden on by expensive shoes. Several journalists, who had interviewed Can laughed, they were quite familiar with Can's manager's overprotective nature.

"Follow me!" she said commandingly when Can reached the front door of the theater where the Folie a Deux premiered.

"Your dress is beautiful, by the way..." Can then let out a pony grin. Sammy rolled her eyes. However, Can had to speak because the silent Sammy with a face full of anger was scarier than anything in this world. At least so according to Can.

Might be except for his mother's tears and his father's disappointed face. Can was not afraid of other expressions in this world.

Oh. And the affectionate smile he got from Tin since yesterday.

There was no particular reason, it was just that Can was afraid of greed. You know, Can was only human. Someone as perfect as Austin Haverfield whispered a declaration of love every two minutes, not something he could easily refuse. Can's logic screamed that Tin was just doing his job, might be a little getting carried away. But eventually, he would wake up one morning and the euphoria in his blood would disappear. So Can was left alone with his feelings.

That was why Can tried to hold back. Not very good though. But Can was really trying to hold back.

"We have to stop this," whispered Sammy, but there was a scream of despair contained in the sentence just now. They were now in a quiet corner near the ladies' toilet. Behind a huge pot overgrown with a strange palm tree that looked too fresh for a plant kept under only human-made light.

"Everything will end by itself," Can paused to smile. "Take it easy..." And Can knew Sammy would immediately argue with him so he took a breath in a second.

"Calm down, you say?" Sammy sounded furious, Can caught his breath and reflexively took a step back. "Look, you're in the nine gossip tabloid headlines this morning. You and Tin, and your romance parade have to stop. People are starting to think you're real, do you understand? Now they really hope you're real. There's a lot of support. Too much support. Too much to just be stopped. Right now, you're in the spotlight but next, when all this stuff with Tin is over ... They'll blame you for not really accepting Tin's feelings. They'll blame you for putting this whole thing with Tin hang. Do you understand? You. One more time who will be the scapegoat for all this." Sammy's hands moved wild as she spoke. Full of emotions as if she was talking about important issues, such as global warming or gender equality. This was just Candace Grant's life, Can thought. Not that important... Can made a nod of approval to the voice in his head and not Sammy's long sentence.

Sammy let out a breath of desperation and tucked her bangs behind her ears.

Can only smiled faintly, a smile he knew he was a little too forced, "It doesn't matter to me. I've been hated all over England before. I can get through it one more time."

"And slice your veins one more time?" Sammy asked sarcastically. Can's eyes widened, startling by Sammy's words. "Okay. Sorry. I didn't mean ..."

"We agreed not to talk about it again," Can said coldly.

"But you and your little game with Tin doesn't make it easy," Can tapped Sammy on the shoulder and stopped Sammy's next long speech.

"Tin wants to declare about us."

"What do you mean?"

"He said he liked me?" said Can uncertainly. He felt abstract with the idea in his head now. Even more abstract when he spoke it.