Chapter 23 : The Murderer

A/N : 

The following is a beautiful song whose lyrics aptly fit Shivaay in the last chapter as well this. @MofiyinfoluwaOlamide brought this to my notice. Thanks for recommending this beautiful song!

• • • • ♡ • • • •

More than forty eight hours had passed. Shivaay had barely slept for a few hours in the past two days. He couldn't stop worrying about Anika. He was confident that she was a warrior and would make sure she was okay. Yet, a very clingy fear loomed around him. What if she was helpless? 

He quickly took his phone, wore his watch and made a beeline for the door. One hour more to tick by and then he should have a lead on Anika. The police were of zero help. However, his team had done some considerable amount of work. He had never let and wouldn't let anyone get away after troubling his family. Anika was his wife. He swore revenge on ther person who had the guts to touch his Anika.

He had lied to his family about the bad weather in Shimla causing call drops and network outage. His staff back at the Shimla hotel was also instructed to answer accordingly if any call came from the Oberoi household.

"Khanna, I am driving!" He said staring at Khanna holding out his hand silently asking for the keys. 

Khanna hesitantly placed the key in his hand.

"Location," Shivaay demanded.

Khanna wiped the sweat beads off his forehead and with shaky fingers placed the phone in the holder after starting the map app.

"Are you sure about this, sir? Tej Sir, will--"

"I am pretty sure." Shivaay glared as he moved the gear. "We have all the proofs we need against her. It's payback time. Any update on... Anika?" He asked a flicker of hope in his eyes. 

"No, Sir."

"What about the man who was shadowing Anika and me?" Shivaay asked, his eyes very focused on the road as his foot pressed on the accelerator.

"We have him locked up at the old factory as you instructed. He keeps saying the same thing that he has nothing to do with any kidnapping. He says he was asked to shadow you two and not do anything. But he did admit that he had delivered the message in Lonavala Hotel."

"That's enough to keep him behind bars. Did he take her name?"

"Yes, he is willing to talk against her."

"Perfect. What about the night of Gaytri murder?"

"We couldn't find her whereabouts on that night. But Yogi, the finance guy has noticed some misappropriation of funds."

"Hmm, what about Ashok, did you find any link between Ashok and her?"

"Nothing sir. But she did meet Gaytri once, near some chawl. The P.I. team has some recorded footage."

"That should be enough to make her a suspect but we need more." He muttered, being the car to a halt. "Get down here. I will call you for the next instruction."

"But, Sir, why are you--" Khanna questioned.

"Look, don't waste my time. I am dealing with her. In the meanwhile, I want you to keep live updates from the police. Do whatever it takes to find Anika. Go now."