Chapter 4 : Trapped In Chaos

Shivaay stared at Anika, while the nurse helped him sit up. She was sleeping on the hospital bed beside his. "Is she okay?" He asked, his voice was soft and his eyes didn't leave Anika. 

"Yes, she is fine. Just sleeping due to the medication." The nurse replied smiling at him. "How do you feel?" 

Shivaay turned to look at the nurse. "Have been better." 

She smiled. "Your wound should heal within a week. May be a little painful when you strain your muscles. However, it should be fine. The doctor has prescribed a medicine. Take it for three days- one after breakfast and another after dinner."

"What about her?" He asked glancing at Anika. "She's fine. Except that the impact of the bullet was a little worse on her. However, she was lucky it didn't impact her bone. But the entire layer of skin had been burned and slashed out. The doctor has prescribed pain killers and ointments for her. She can begin with the ointments after two days. Until then it's best if the wound is covered." The nurse fell silent, as the door opened and the police inspectors walked in with the doctor. With the family members trailing behind them.

"Mr.Oberoi, hope you feel better?" The police inspector analyzed Shivaay's banded bicep. "We couldn't get to the sniper. But we did find a man's bracelet in your lawn. It might have slipped out of his hand in haste. One of your security officials noticed it fall from the sniper. Do you suspect anyone who'd want to take your life?" The inspector asked.

Shivaay took a deep breath and put his mind in the fox mode. "There are many people out there who don't like me. I can't name anyone who'd go this far." The door swung open and a man walked in. He was dressed in a plain white shirt, paired with a khakhee colored jacket. Shivaay glanced at him, suspiciously.

"Hello, Mr.Oberoi. I am Agent Yash Tripathi, special bureau of Crime Investigation Division ,Bombay."

"I wonder what brings you here." The inspector spoke. "Inspector Rajesh." The inspector forwarded his hand for a handshake, a formal smile playing on his lips.

"Gayatri Murder Case." He revealed, and them spoke, "I believe Mr. Oberoi was a prime suspect." Agent Yash smiled turning to Shivaay. "Am I right?"

Shivaay stared at him. "Was. I have nothing to do with that case anymore."

"No, no. Mr. Oberoi. The case hasn't been shut yet. It is now handed over to the special bureau and that brings me here. I heard someone attempted to murder you. It could be related to the Gayatri case. You never know." He smiled, and dimples formed on his cheeks. He glanced around and his eyes stopped on Anika.

"She's my wife." Shivaay spoke up getting the Agent's attention back on himself.

"She was hurt too?" He asked walking over to the bed where Anika lay. 

"Mr. Yash Tripathi I request you to back off and respect someone's privacy." Shivaay spoke through gritted teeth.