Chapter 40 : Work In Progress

Shivaay sat up groaning. His hands flew up to press his head. He was hungry and the invisible hammer that was consistently hitting his head made him feel more miserable.He looked aside, a habit he had cultivated in the past few days. He blinked, his lips pursing. He was expecting softly snoring Anika, with a cushion pressed to her chest or perhaps with her leg on his, anything abnormal. However, there was no Anika. Her side of the bed looked neat. 

He looked around but found no trace of her. Closing his eyes he took deep breaths. Had he slept in? Where was Anika? How did she manage to wake up on her own, that too without startling him?

He recollected the memory of saying something to Anika whilst she tucked him in. A smile crept up his face. But where was she? Hadn't she slept beside him last night? He turned and shoved aside the comforter. His smile appeared back at the sight of his socks by the bed. He vaguely remembered Anika removing them. 

How drunk was he last night?

He ran his hands through his hair, looking at the time. His eyes widened, reading the time — five minutes to nine. "Dammit!" He cursed to quickly get ready for the day.

Shivaay had assumed Anika would be in the kitchen or dinning hall. He quickly made his way towards Omkara's room, buttoning up the undone buttons of his shirt and settling his collar. He hated being late.

"Praveen," he called the house-help who was walking past him. "Green tea for Omkara and that weird drink that Rudra has after party hangovers, that for him. Bring them to Om's room and no one should know."

The man gave a grin and hurriedly made his way like a soldier on duty. 

Shivaay felt much better after the pill he had popped in for his hangover. He wondered why his brothers didn't prefer the easy way out of hangover. He entered the room to find Omkara and Rudra sleeping on the bed, just like he had left them last night.

"Om, Ru! Wake up!" He called. He was getting impatient by the minute. He tried shaking their arms but the two were sleeping like Anika. Cursing he looked around for anything that could help him wake them up, perhaps some loud speaker. He caught the jug of water. "Sorry guys, Paanika's way it is!" He mumbled picking up the jug. He poured some water on each of their faces.

"What the!" Omkara groaned sitting up with a jerk, his hand wiping his face. 

"It's quarter past nine." Shivaay announced, marveling at how Rudra still was asleep. "Rudra!" He called aloud, shaking his ar.

Omkara rolled his eyes. "Wait!" He said, looking at Shivaay irritated. He looked around and then picked up a piece of paper from the nightstand. He folded the paper a bit and started tracing it over Rudra's ear. Rudra smiled in his sleep to which the two of hem chuckled. 

Omkara then jabbed the sharp edge of the paper and Rudra opened his eyes freaked out.

"Thank me later!" Omkara mumbled walking over to the washroom. 

"Rudra wake up, get ready quickly. And no one is going to say anything about last night. We came back at eleven. Okay?"

"Oh did we?" Rudra asked confused 

Shivaay rolled his eyes. The knock on the door interrupted. Praveen, the househlp stood their withal tray. "Come in!" Shivaay muttered.

"Rudra come on, get up. Have this and go bath. Fifteen minutes to breakfast."

* * *

Shivaay sailed back into his room to find Anika packing her handbag. His lips curved up remembering the time he had literally turned her bag upside down to find that micro sd card that he thought was in her possession when they had met initially. There was no improvement as such in the contents of her bag, the same old irrelevant unnecessary things.