Chapter 28 : Back On Track

And it's FriYay! Oops Friday, Yay!

• • • • ♡ • • • •

Music is way more than just a pleasing sound to the ears. Human brains preserve and associate sounds, especially music, with a lot of things like - people, memories or simply an emotion. 

Anika had always loved music. The sound of waves, wind chimes, raindrops against surfaces everything was musical, but only in movies. In Anika's life, the sounds were those of blaring horns, clinking utensils at the common tap in the humble neighborhood, the screaming quarreling ladies and shouting children. Raindrops meant a leaking roof. The troubles were, well, endless.

Amidst all of that when she heard Bollywood songs, she was transported into another world. A world where she felt like a heroine. Her feet, her arms, her eyebrows, her lips, her entire being was set into motion, into a dance, when she heard those beautiful songs. 

Anika had never in her wildest dream thought of making dance her profession. Yet, here she was twirling to the dance beats as she taught the group of ladies a few moves for the baby shower sangeet.

She stretched out her arm and slowly drew a circle in air, leaning towards the other side as the song reached it's very end. 

"Yaayyy!" She clapped in excitement noticing throight the reflection in the mirror that in this round the ladies had done considerably better than the previous rounds. Finally, her week full of efforts to teach them was showing up in their performance. 

"Reena aunty, you finally got it right!" She grinned and the lady looked on flattered smiling back brightly at her. Aniak smiled untying the dupatta that she had tried on the side. How a tiny compliment could light up someone's face!

"You ladies are going to rock tomorrow. And don't forget to tag Anika's dance studio on your posts." 

"Aren't you going to come over tomorrow?" One of the ladies asked.

"No aunty, there are guests at home. So I won't be able to make it. Anyways, Dhriti will make you all practice one last time after a break. I need to get going. Don't be disheartened, Dhriti is going to record your performance, well see it together on Monday. " She said referring to her assistant, who acknowledged her statement with a nod of head.

Anika's life was finally back to normal, bubbling with excitement and busy. She quickly rushed out of the room and with quick steps jogged down the narrow stairway to her scooty.

She had barely taken a seat on her vehicle when her phone rang. Raj.

"Yes, Raj!" 

"Hey, Anni!"

"How can I help you?"

"How did you know I needed help?"

"You have called me in your office hours. It's either that you have time to kill or that you need my help."

"You're becoming smart in my company. I need your help. I need a dance partner."

"What? Dance partner!" She exclaimed. "Why? What for?"

"Look, I am going under cover for a case. I need a plus one to attend this dance party."

"So, take Tiyasha with you!"

He sighed and began, "Well, uh, we are sort of-"

"-the usual, fight mode!" Anika answered.

"She thinks I was flirting with her. Can you believe that? Me and flirting! She threatened to report me. That woman is crazy. The only thing that is good about her is that she beats up people well. Now, if I ask her to be a plus one, it won't just be threat to my career but also a terrible makeover to my handsome face. "