Chapter 6 : Confused Conscience

"I am sorry Sir, you cannot go out alone." The police inspector spoke following him.

"I just need a little drive, I will be fine." Shivaay spoke walking briskly towards his car. 

"Sorry Sir, we have been strictly asked to not let you go out alone. It's for your safety, sir." 

Shivaay tried to remind himself that the inspector was doing his duty. He was doing it for Shivaay's own good.

"Is there a problem?" The familiar voice made Shivaay turn. 

"Agent Yash." He mumbled, looking at the man suspiciously. "May I ask what are you doing in here at this hour?" Shivaay asked annoyed at the nosy man.

"Well, I think that whoever tried to kill you might make an attempt again. So I was..."

"That's none of your business I suppose. It would be great if you could stick to your case. The police are doing their work here." Shivaay cut him off.

The Agent smirked. "Calm down, Mr.Oberoi. If you go by my theory the person who tried to kill you might be the one who killed Gayatri."

"That's some fancy theory. However, it's baseless. This is the last time I am asking you to leave. The next time it might cost you your job."

"Oh Oh, relax Mr.Oberoi. By the way is that how you got ACP Ranveer off this case?" The man showed amusement. "Just to let you know, you cannot get me off this case. I am going to bring this killer into light. At any cost. Good night, Mr.Oberoi. By the way, it's almost three at midnight I think you need rest. Not a drive around the city. Unless...you plan to kill someone." He smiled widely amused.

Shivaay fisted his fingers, anger raking through his nerves. "Don't utter words you will be sorry for." Shivaay warned looking squarely into the Agent's eyes. With that he walked back in. On his way in, he crossed path with Omkara.

 "What are you doing here Shivaay?" Omkara asked flummoxed to see him walking from the entrance. 

"Nothing." Shivaay muttered, his thoughts still on the Agent. 

"Stop it Shivaay. Stop lying. It's irksome now. You need to be in your room resting." Omkara's voice was sharp camouflaging his concern. 

"Can people stop treating me like a kid. I know what to do and when. I am capable of making my own decisions."

Omkara stared at his brother. "Of course. We all have been shown a clear example of your decision making." His voice was taunting as it could be. Shivaay's anger increased by multifolds. He decided to not say anything further. He didn't want to lash out at Om. No. He walked past him. 

"Anika didn't deserve that Shivaay. No woman deserves that kind of treatment, Shivaay. What you did was very wrong. Kill your stupid ego and accept your mistake. Before, it's too late."