Chapter 8

After 3 days of team building, I finally got to go home. Home where Mom and Dad are.

I caught the maids sneaking things wherever. Mom's shopping spree are all over the house.

"Mi," I hugged her.

"Hi, Elle. Don't tell your Dad about this ha."

"No problem, Mommy. I got you." I smiled.

"I heard from your tita Iris about you and Alistair. How are you two?"

"We're good."

"In a rela-"

"No, Mom." I cut her words. "No. Hindi po."

"She told me that Alistair planned to confess his feelings. What happened? Okay ka lang ba? Didn't it go well?"

"I'm okay, Ma. I didn't tell him about what I really feel. It's not my reason why I worked for him. Ayoko. Falling for him is none of my plans."

"Anak, forget about that. Your grandparents are old, and I'm pretty sure that they no longer mean those words that they told you before."

"They don't mean it? Mom, I spent my life working in order to prove them wrong! You know how they treated me!"

"And I'm not blaming you for that. Kasi even me, kung sasabihin nila saakin 'yun? I'd do the same. Pero kasi anak, nasasaktan ka na. I know how you feel for Alistair, and I also know that you can't tell him what you're feeling cause you're afraid of what people will say."

"Mommy, hindi sa gan'on."

"Raelle, you're the only one your father could rely on with his company. Your Dad is not doing very well."

"I'm willing to, Mommy. Pero hindi ko naman kaya na ngayon na. Alistair won't even let me resign."

"3 months? Tatlong buwan with Alistair. Pero after that, anak, please, I'm begging you."

"Mom, hindi. Don't beg. I'm willing to. Pero let me stay in the company for 3 months."

"3 months. I guess that will be fine."

"Sige po. Sa kwarto muna ako."

As I enter my room, I saw Isaac looking at my books.

"Baby, why? Do you need anything?"

"Ate, I missed you. Uwi ka na lang dito everyday, please. No one wants to help me here."

"How about ate Shaniah?"

"She's helping me sometimes. But she's busy with her work."

I sighed before answering him. "Sige. Dito na ako uuwi everyday. I will answer all of your assignments."

"May isa akong assignment today."

"Patingin? What does it say?"

"Teacher told me to interview one family member and ask about their dream. Can I do yours?"

"But my dream is nothing a child could relate."

"That's okay. I wanted something unique too."

"Oh, okay. My dream is to be a mom. I want to have my own kids."

"Because?"

"Because I want the feeling of fulfillment that Mom felt when she had you."

"Nice answer, ate." He laughed.

"Tara, picture tayo." I said and set his face as my wallpaper, not thinking about what may happen.

"I'm cute there." Isaac said as he look at my phone.