Chapter 18

"Why didn't you tell me na may press interview ka?" I asked Alistair. Naa-aligaga na ako ngayon dahil wala si Sofia and she's supposed to be here beside him!

"I was going to surprise you, I wanted to announce our relationship in public. Hindi naman pumunta si Sofia!"

"You could've informed me. Just go with this black long-sleeve and dark-blue tie." I told him as I button his shirt.

Nagsimula na agad ang interview. I was on the back watching, live kasi 'yung interview.

"Holding the title as the largest computer and gadget company in Asia, how did you maintain your title? Was it hard?"

"No. It wasn't. I'm very confident that our company provides the best materials, sturdy and strong. It's also affordable for everyone. It wasn't very hard for me to manage the company since I have the best secretary anyone could have."

"Mr. Lee, there are rumors that you are dating your secretary, Raelle Monverde. Then lately, she was introduced as the heiress of the largest engineering and mall chains in Asia. How did you respond to that?"

"Raelle and I used to be friends when we're younger. The rumors are true, yes, she's my girlfriend. I was surprised at first, but I know my girl. She has her reasons."

"Are there wedding plans soon?"

"We haven't talked about that yet." He smiled and glanced at me. Ngumiti na din ako.

The interview proceeded with business related questions. Siyempre, Alistair answered it all with knowledge.

"Congratulations, Ms. Monverde." The interviewer told me.

"Thank you po. Please have snacks by the dining area."

Pag-uwi ko sa bahay, there's a car by the gate. Hindi iyon samin kaya kumatok ako sa loob. It took a while for the person to open the window.

"Hi, may I help you?" I asked her.

"Andito po ba si Mr. Calo Monverde?"

"Yes, may appoinment kayo sa kanya?"

"Ah, wala po. Gusto ko lang po sana siya maka-usap."

Weird.

I gestured the guards to ask Papa if he knows this girl, when I had their cue, sinamahan ko na siya pumasok ng bahay. Kasama pa niya ang isang babae, approximately around Shaniah's age.

"It's okay, Raelle. You may leave now." Papa said when I went in his office to accompany the guests.

I closed the door and eavesdropped. I don't eavesdrop with Papa's visitors but I have a different gut with these girls. Hindi ko alam pero suddenly, I felt like I needed to listen to them.

"Tatay, magco-college na din po kasi ako. Kelangan ko po ng pang-matrikula. Naubos na din po kasi namin 'yung naiwang pera ni Nanay." I heard the woman speak.

"Ilalagay ko nalang sa bank account niyo. Isang-daang libo naman ang binibigay ko sainyo per month. Dapat hindi na kayo pumunta dito! Makikita kayo ng kapatid niyo."

Kapatid? I don't even know those people. Dalawa lang ang kapatid ko, I only have Shaniah and Brent.

"Pumunta po kami sa opisina niyo Tay, kaso wala na daw po kayo doon. Si ate Raelle na daw po ang naga-asikaso doon."

Ate Raelle? Aside from Shaniah and Isaac, wala na akong matandaang may iba akong kapatid.

"Sa susunod, mag-text nalang kayo saakin. Delikado kung makikita nila kayo. Susubukan kong kausapin si Raelle, I'll tell her that you will manage the company with her. Half of the company should be yours, Krys."