Epilouge

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest announced.

We got married, twice. No- let me rephrase that.

I got married twice.

"May I announce to you, Mr. and Mrs Alistair John Lee."

"I love you, Eia." I whispered to her.

"I love you too, Alistair. Thank you for marrying me."

I scanned at the guests inside the chapel, thinking that she's here. I sent her an invitation so I could thank her personally.

She didn't leave me two years ago. She just took a vacation as tita Tae Hee said, but I was too tired too. Hindi ko alam kung anong gusto niyang mangyari kaya pagbalik niya, even if it was hard, I sent her the annulment papers. I don't know if it's just me but marriage is not working for us. We used to be so close before. We don't even fight that much. We know how to understand each other but I guess we haven't experienced tragedies kaya nahirapan kami sa part na 'yon.

"Eia, I'll entertain guests muna." I smiled at her.

"Alistair!" Ace called me. They are in the same tables, and to my surprise, Elle was sitting there with Jia, laughing.

Ace wasn't my best man, neither was Jade. He's not into this marriage cause they believed that Elle and I can still find our ways.

"You don't like this but you're still here."

"Siyempre, best friend mo padin ako. I may not be your best man, but I'm still here. Hindi ko lang kasi kaya na hindi sa kasal niyo ni Elle eh."

"Ace, past is past!" Elle laughed while she went to me. "Congratulations on your wedding. Here's my gift. I didn't put the box in the booth cause you know, so I'll just hand this to you personally. It's a watch for you and your wife." She smiled widely.

"Thank you ha. I didn't expect that you'll come here."

"Office was hectic but who wouldn't miss the marriage of her ex-husband?" She laughed.

"Invite me when you get married too."

"Sorry ka, I'm not getting married." She rolled her eyes. She's still the same as before. "Joke. I will pero hindi pa ngayon."

"Grabe, hindi ka pa nakaka-move on saakin?" I joked.

"Ang kapal!" She scoffed. "I just want to be the single tita of your kids."

"You know what to give my kids, Elle."

"Okay." She answered sarcastically.

Kinabukasan, since Eia was busy with work cause she's a teacher, I went to the cemetery. We agreed not to take a honeymoon. Masyadong hectic ang schedule niya and we often take vacations when we have the chance to kaya hindi nalang.

Pagdating ko sa mausoleum ni baby Angel, there are flowers around. I don't remember bringing a bunch of flowers here.

"Mr. Lee," Elle smiled at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know na bibisita kayo. I just visited here cause I haven't visited for a while."

"No, it's okay. Eia is at work, ako lang mag-isa. I just usually go here."

"Two years old na sana siya ngayon, 'no? Sayang lang I didn't get to see her grow up. I was excited to teach her alphabets."

"Who knows? Maybe in a parallel universe, she's running around our porch now. You're chasing after her."

"You know, what I really dreamed of is to have a child. Babae nga sana talaga gusto ko. If I didn't fail as a Mom, she might get the life that she deserves now."