Chapter 22

"Papa, I'm here." I told him as I enter his hospital room.

We're slowly able to adjust to our new lives now. Shaniah and Janice lives on my condo, the one I bought when I worked for my him. While I was able to adapt going back and forth from Philippines and US, and vice versa. Si Kryz, she's busy. Nasa Pilipinas siya, working for him. I heard she's heart broken cause he asked her to be his date last February 14 but she ended up seeing him unprepared. Cycle na nila 'yon.

Dalawang taon ko na ding ginagawa 'to and I have to choice but to get used to it.

His Ah Ma didn't like me cause I'm Calo Monverde's daughter. She didn't like me, simply because she already had his life planned already. He'll marry a Chinese girl, none other that her daughter's child, Kryz.

I never stopped loving him. I just accepted the fact that we are not meant to be together. He's fine now. He looked better than before dahil laman siya ng magazines ngayon.

So am I. I started modeling. Dati, nafi-feature lang ako sa magazine for being a young CEO, pero ngayon, I'm a model and a CEO and I must say, I'm enjoying it.

"I'm glad you're here, anak."

"I'm sorry, the flight was delayed. I had to wait cause there's no pilot available. Si CJ at Erin po 'yung nag-sundo saakin. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I felt much better now that I saw you."

"May gusto po kayong kainin?"

"Remember how I used to write you letters everyday? I forgot to make one today. Shall I make one?"

"No, Pa. If you can't, okay lang po kahit hindi." I told him as I start crying.

"No, i'll make one. We don't know if I could write one anymore so now that I still have time, I will write one for you." He said and sat down.

I cried as I watch him write the letter. He's having a hard time writing and holding the pen but I can't stop him.

"Thank you for raising me, Papa." I told him.

"Oh? Why so sudden, anak?"

"Wala lang," I laughed. "I just want to let you know that you're the best."

"Here." He said and gave me a paper with his letter. "Don't read it yet. Mamaya na pag-uwi mo."

"Papa naman."

"Mamaya na! Could you get me dinner?"

"Sure, Papa." I nodded.

Pagbalik ko, Papa started eating his porridge. Ayun lang din kasi kaya niyang kainin ngayon cause he can't eat solids.

"Go home now, Raelle. Papa is fine."

"No, Pa. I'm staying with you."

"Then, can you drive back to our house to fetch Isaac?"

"Ipapahatid ko nalang po sa driver, Pa."

"Day-off ng driver. Sunduin mo nalang, anak. I'll wait here."

"Papa naman, I can't leave you alone here."

"I'll call a nurse."

"I'll be quick. Magha-hire na din ako ng maraming driver so they can drive us all."

Pag-pasok ng kotse, I couldn't wait to come home cause Papa's letter left me intrigued. He always wanted me to read his letters immediately, iba lang ngayon.

To my Raelle,

By the time you're reading this, I hope you won't cry. Papa has to go now. The world has gotten bigger and colder now. Thank you for making papa happiest the day you, Shaniah and Isaac was born. Papa couldn't be more happy now that I can see the three of you having fun with your lives now. I can still remember how I brought you to school on your first day of classes, and how you cried in my arms when Mama scolds you. I can remember your cooking fails, your stair falls, and all of your success. Papa will always treasure that. I'm sorry Papa lied to you. But you will always be my eldest daughter and I love you the most in this world. Take care of your Mama, Shaniah, Janice and Isaac in behalf of me, okay? I'm sorry papa couldn't walk you to the aisle anymore because no matter how much I want to, time won't allow us to. Papa made you happy, right? What's important to Papa is that you all smiled. I love you, Shaniah, Janice and Isaac so much. Take care of your Mom for me. When she finds someone else, make sure that the man will make her happy more than I did. If he can't, don't allow them, okay?

Upon reading the note, I went back to his room only to find out the doctors surrounding him.

"Da- Dad!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"A- anak, why did you come back?"

"Dad, no."

"I don't want you to see me in pain." Hirap na bulong niya.

"Dad, no. We'll still fulfill so many things!"

"Have a good life, my Elle." He smiled before closing his eyes.

The next thing I saw are the doctors reviving him with a defibrillator. But my Dad's body has no response at all.

After checking his pulse, the doctor looked at me sadly.

"Time of death, 6:37 PM."

"Doc, do something. My papa is alive! I just talked to him a while ago! He can't be dead."

"Sorry, Ms. Monverde. We did our best." The doctor said before leaving the room.

Shortly after, dumating na din si Mommy. She didn't cry infront of me but when she hugged Papa's body in the morgue, I just know that she cried her heart out.

She loved Papa so much. So did I. But I have to stay strong for my family.

"Mommy, we'll get through this." I told her as I hug her tight.

Dinala din namin si Papa sa Pilipinas agad. It's his request. Papa already saw it coming kaya he had it all planned out.

"I'm sorry, Elle." Erin said and hugged me. She's helping me arrange the venue for Papa's burial.

"Thank you ha. I wouldn't come there in time kung hindi dahil sa inyo."

"No problem. I'll talk to tita Tae Hee." She said as we both looked at Mommy. Naka-tulala lang siya sa kawalan.

"Ate Elle!" Shaniah and Janice both cried in my arms, still in their uniforms. They both took med school kaya andito sila, naka-scrub pa.

"Shhh. No, let's not cry for Mommy. We have to be strong for her. Why not help Isaac with his homeworks?"

"Sige, ate." They both nodded.

Papa is usually the one who helps Isaac with his homeworks. But now that Papa is gone, it's going to be a big adjustment for all of us.

Unti-unti na ding dumating 'yung mga bisita. They all sympathized with us and even brought flowers. Masaya ako kasi kahit dito, I know what a great man my father is.

"Papa, all of your plans for your funeral is followed as you planned it to be." I said while looking at his casket.

"Elle, anak, my deep condolences." Tita Iris said.

I only smiled cause I don't know what to tell her. The last time we saw each other was the day I bid my goodbyes to him.

"Thank you po, Mrs. Lee. I hope you're well."

"2 years have passed lang, you called me Mrs. Lee again? Tita Iris."

"Sorry po, tita Iris. Si Mr. Lee po, kumusta? Is he doing well?" I asked, pertaining to her husband.

"Well, Alistair is doing well. He still always talks about you kay Brent. Brent looks up to you so mu-"

"No, tita Iris. I mean, your husband po, Mr. Lee." I smiled.

"Ah, I see. My apologies. He's been well. Still healthy."

"Good to hear that po, good to hear that you're all well."

"Ate Raelle!" Brent ran to my arms. "I miss you so much. Sabi kasi ni kuya Isaac, matagal ka pa daw babalik kaya siya muna playmate ko."

"Good boys ah." I hugged him as I wipe a tear.

"I'm sorry ate. Cheer up. Hug ka nalang namin ni kuya Isaac pagdating niya."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Are you back for good now, ate Raelle?"

"Yes, Brent. For good. Ate will be staying here now."

"Yay!"

"Wala ka nang plans mag-stay sa US?" Tita Iris asked.

"My family is here tita, e. I have to be strong for them."

You're home, Papa.