Chapter 12

"As in dito?" I blinked twice. I had to make sure. Baka na-misheard ko lang e. I hope not though.

"Dito." He laughed. "Chill, I'm not going to anything to you. I just wanna hug you."

"You smell like alcohol." Puna ko. Ano ba naman, Raelle? Malamang, uminom.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No, no. I didn't mean it like that. I just noticed."

"I'll take a bath." Paalam niya.

I also changed into silk top and pajamas. Sleeveless iyon. I don't know if this is something appropriate to wear but since it's what I usually wear and this is what I have, ito nalang sinoot ko.

Alistair went out wearing a plain white shirt and black shorts. I'm used to it since I'm always going home when he's ready to sleep. It's just different now that we're a- thing.

"Alistair, tumutulo buhok mo." I said so I stood up to get his towel and to blow-dry his hair.

"Thank you." He said and hugged me. "I love you."

"Uh- me too?" I answered full of doubts.

"Come here." He said and pointed out the bed. Umupo siya sa gilid 'non. I sat on the other side. "No, sit here beside me." He ordered me so that's what I did.

"I'm sorry. I'm not yet used to it."

"It takes time. This time, no more secrets. Your problem is my problem too, okay? I love you."

"No more secrets," I repeated after him. "I love you too. Sobra."

"God." He closed his eyes and looked away. "Hindi ko kayang magtimpi. You look so cute."

"Si- Alistair, what are we?"

"That is up to you. Just know that I love you. I hope that would be enough. Let me do you a favor, boyfriend mo na ako."

"Sure." I laughed.

"Seryoso?" He asked again.

"Ayaw mo? Babawiin ko na."

"No- no! Fuck, no. I love you so much. So damn much. It's just different now that I could call you my girlfriend."

"You're cussing too much today."

"I just can't contain my feelings. I love you so much, Raelle. I swear. I want to shout but I want to think of the assholes sleeping on the other room."

Hinilig niya ang ulo niya sa balikat ako. I could feel his warm breath on my neck. Parang sasabog ang buo kong sistema.

"Thank you for everything." I whispered. I couldn't talk.

"No, thank you."

"Aren't you sleepy?" I asked.

"I was. Nawala antok ko. Look what you did to me, Raelle. Compensate for it."

"Ha?"

"Kiss me." My boyfriend is too cute.

"Again?"

"Nevermind, let me do it." He said and claimed my lips again.

I found myself responding on his kisses. That stayed for a minute or two, until we both had to gasp for air.

I couldn't look at him in the eyes.

"I should check on my cousin."

"Tinatakasan mo nanaman ako, e. You're too shy. Don't worry, hanggang doon nalang muna. I'll be fine with that for now."