Chapter 10

"I don't want to eat." I shouted from my room when Shaniah knocked.

"Ate, you haven't eaten anything simula kagabi. Malapit nanaman mag-gabi and you haven't eaten dinner."

Our story ended before it even started.

"I don't want to eat." I shouted when I heard another knock. "Sabi ko walang papa-"

"Should I come outside?"

"Sir," I cried again. "Why do you have to show up now? Now that I don't look like your secretary."

"Let's talk."

"Wait here, I'll just fix myself." I said and went straight to my bathroom.

I just washed my face, tied my hair and changed into something decent. I really don't feel like doing anything.

"You don't look okay to me." He said.

"It's because I'm not. Sabihin mo na gustong mong sabihin. I'm ready." I said and sat on the other side of the bed since he's sitting on the other edge.

"Work for me until you've trained the new secretary."

"I don't want to."

"Just do it, just for the company. After 2 months, you can go and do whatever you want."

"Fine. Andiyan si Shaniah, talk to her."

"Where have you been?"

"Ha?"

"When you left before, saan ka pumunta?"

"US."

"Alright. That's what I only wanted to hear."

"Won't you ask why?"

"I don't care. Like how you didn't care about how I feel. All this time, anong ginawa mo saakin? Did you really care for me or you just used me to make a name for yourself? Probably the latter one."

"Just leave. Let's meet at the office as if nothing happened."

"Right."

"Please lock the door from the inside before you leave." Sabi ko at humiga ulit.

It took him a few minutes to speak. He just kept silent.

"Won't you eat?"

"No." I simply answered.

"Raelle, just eat. It's not the end of the world."

"For me, it is." I answered.

Kinabukasan, I went out early. Everyone in the office looked normal but I guess, not for me.

"Hindi na nag-interview 'yung HR. Ako na pumili ng secretary ko." Alistair said.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"I did." I simply answered.

Pakiramdam ko ay lalagnatin ako ngayon. Kasi naman!

"You're not feeling well, aren't you?"

"I'm well. I can even run a hundred laps in the company. You want me to try?"

"Sir," a woman called. She's probably his new secretary.

She's tall, yet, not as tall as me. She's pretty, actually. I mean, it's Alistair. His standards are so damn high.

"You're the new secretary, right?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm Sofia Vista."

"Nice to meet you. You may already know but I am Alistair Lee, the vice-chairman. The woman beside me is Raelle Yoon Monverde, she used to be my secretary. You will undergo training under her for three months. We will pay you and everything in a span of three months, kahit training palang."