34: Tattooed Boundaries

Kaitlyn POV

Having Sam stare at me sent my mind spiraling. Seeing the desire in his eyes did something to me, but he was waiting for me to choose. It would always be my choice.

What do I want? I'm his Old Lady now, but does he want me forever? Or to marry me? God, I want his lips on mine and him to dominate me the way he did downstairs. I want to run my hands on his abdomen, through his hair, and know I am enough for him.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. "Keep your eyes closed. I have one last gift for you, Angel," he instructed. The light flicked on, and moments later, I felt heat in front of me again.

"Open your eyes," he whispered.

Opening them, I squinted, letting them adjust, and found Sam shirtless in front of me. Muscles rippled across his tattooed back.

I want to touch them. Kiss...focus! Why is he-

My eyes stopped on the once-empty spot on his shoulder and reached towards it but stopped. "Can I-"

"Yes," he growled, looking over his shoulder. I let my hands run up his back, and he tensed. I pulled away, worried I did something wrong.

"Keep going Angel, it's okay," Sam whispered.

Tracing the edge of the fresh tattoo, tears pricked my eyes, and I smiled. Weeks ago, I told Sam I wanted my anatomical heart tattooed on my left shoulder. I babbled on and told him I thought it would be nice if my husband got one too. I still question if I can be everything he thinks I am, but Sam wants to be my future, and I want to be his.

Mine. He is mine.

Wrapping my arms around him, I splayed my hands on his chest and relaxed into him.

"It's perfect," I whispered, placing gentle kisses along his spine, causing him to tense. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed right below the tattoo, and goosebumps covered his back.

He grabbed my wrists and tried to turn me around, but I didn't budge. Trailing kisses down his back, he moaned, and I couldn't help but smile against his skin.

"Good thing I didn't miss a spot," I teased.

A low growl resounded in his chest. Sam pulled me off him, turned around, and picked me up. Sam's lips crashed into mine, hungry and without hesitation. One hand tugged my hair, and the other tightened around my waist. My back met the door, forcing the air out of my lungs as Ace the enforcer came out, and I didn't mind it one bit.

"What do you want, Angel? Tell me," he groaned, pulling my bottom lip from my teeth. "It is your choice. It will always be your choice," he assured me, watching my wheels spin.

I know he would never hurt me, and I want more of him and his body, which means I need to be honest. I can't let the insecurities of my past control my future. If I want this to be different, then I need to let him in.

"Lay with me?" I asked. Sam smiled, kissed me, and carried me to the bed, laying me down. He crawled next to me and played with my hair, calming my body and brain. Sam's hazel eyes stared at me patiently waiting.

"I'm not a fan of physical touch. I never have been. But with you, I crave affection, and it scares me. It may sound stupid, but I need to know your boundaries and what you're comfortable with and what you're not," I nervously whispered, staring at his bare chest.

Sam cleaned my smudged glasses and pulled me into him, kissing my temple. "I don't have boundaries. Not with you. Before you, I hated to be touched and would fuck women, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not proud of how I've treated women in the past, but you have made me a better person. Whatever boundaries you have, I will respect them. You have given me everything, so I will give you whatever you want. If you want to touch me or kiss me, I will never stop you. You keep me away from the hellhound," he said, moving hair from my face.

I buried my head into his chest while his hands drew small circles on my hips, giving me butterflies and my anxiety to kick up. No one has looked at me the way he has in a long time, and I'm torn between giving in to my desires and the fear of not being enough. His hellhound may not haunt him anymore, but I still have mine.

His hands found my cheek, gently forcing me to look at him. "You accept me as I am, and no boundary will make me look at you differently," he assured me.

"I have a few boundaries for now, but one will never change. Some have left me because of it, or refuse to respect it," I whispered, closing my eyes, burying my head further in his chest.

"I can't...I won't give blowjobs. It's stupid and seems naïve, but I can't," I mumbled, waiting for him to walk away, deciding I wasn't enough.

"Look at me, Angel," he whispered. I took a few deep breaths before looking at him, considering what he was going to say.

He sat up so I was straddling his lap. I wanted to put my hands on his lower abdomen, and fighting against the voices in my head, I did. A small smile appeared on his face, and he hummed, pleased.

"You never have to explain yourself to me. You gave me a boundary, and it's my job to respect it, not question it. Others may not have respected your wishes, but that will change," Sam assured me, kissing my cheek. He acknowledges my boundaries and still chooses me.

I love you, Sam.