17- Dance with me? Pt.1

"Practice was extremely tense this week" Oikawa sighed. Iwaizumi sipped his water bottle again entering the locker rooms with the whining boy behind him, slouching.

Both third years stopped when they heard two people yelling at each other.

"I told you-" "Kyo do you even take this team seriously!?" Yahaba's voice echoed in the room. Kyo's back against the wall just taking in Yahaba's anger.

Iwaizumi ran up to them telling Oikawa to take Yahaba out of the room. Rubbing Kotani's back as the setters left the room. Oikawa getting yelled at as well, "Why are you defending him!?" or "I didn't even do anything." when Oikawa said nothing.

Iwaizumi and Kyo sat on the bench, not saying a thing until the kohai spoke up. "I just came to change." Kyo sighed. Iwaizumi let out a huff and a couple of "I know's".

"Yahaba stop yelling at him." Oikawa's voice sounded strict, not his bubbly and friendly voice. This one made Yahaba scared. "But-" he tried to retort but Oikawa silenced him "Yes he does need to calm his attitude during practice, but he's also a member of the team, not beneath nor below us." Yahaba stood with Oikawa outside the room.

The boys inside could hear them but didn't respond.

"You like him don't you?" Iwaizumi mumbled. Kyo looked at his senpai shocked but hesitantly nodded. "He never listens to me, and doesn't realize when I try my hardest to make him happy."

Kyo let out shaky breaths for a couple of minutes, Iwaizumi still comforting him. Soon Oikawa entered grabbing Yahaba's and his bags. "Feel better Kentaro!" he smiled at both boys and kissed Iwaizumi's cheek before leaving his boyfriend and teammate alone.

"Yuck." Kyo laughed, Iwaizumi pushed his arm playfully while Oikawa stuck out his tongue before leaving laughing at them.

"You'll have something with him Kyo." there was more silence. "You won't have what me and 'Kawa have, make your own memories ok? We'll fix this." Iwaizumi gave the boy a smile still rubbing his back.

"I'm going to ask 'Kawa to the prom tonight. Wanna come with?" he smiled. Kyotani thought about the pros and cons which were mostly Oikawa being the cons and hanging with Iwaizumi being the only pro.

Kyo agreed and Iwaizumi gave him a "there you go, that's progress" and another push with his elbow.

After another set of minutes the boys got up to leave, Iwaizumi walked Kyo home exiting and taking out his phone which had rows of messages from Oikawa.

★Star boy★
The kids need our help Iwa-chan!

♡ ⋆。˚Zilla boy ˚ 。⋆ ♡
For the last time, they aren't our kids Oikawa!

★Star boy★
Liar.
But I'll let it slide for now.

Iwaizumi laughed and locked his phone before getting another message and then another.

★Star boy★
Don't leave me on read!
Iwa-channn!!!

Walking past Oikawa's house and going next door to his he kicked off his shoes and ran upstairs.

He turned his lights on and placed his bag down on his bed, and walked to his desk. Huge papers laid out that read "Prom?" and "Will you go to prom with me?" Iwaizumi couldn't pick.

Out of the past couple of weeks, he asked Oikawa what his favorite writing front was, what he liked on posters, and a few "What if..." or "would you like if.." questions.

"What if I proposed how would you want me to?" Iwaizumi asked out of curiosity. Oikawa choked on his water and coughed instantly.

Iwaizumi just stared at him before laughing. "What the heck Iwa-chan!?" Oikawa coughed, "What? I was just wondering." Iwaizumi smiled.
Oikawa threw his water bottle at the boy and was being chased before Iwaizumi picked him up by his waist and carried him back to their lunch bench.