Chapter 18

Rob looked down at the letter confused on why it said "Chloe" instead of "Cami", his puzzled looks broke my heart even more, I would write him a letter in a few days to explain why I wrote "Chloe" he knows everything else so he might as well know this and I know if I tell him not to tell anyone he wouldn't.

I arrived home, I climbed up into the loft to get my suitcase, Kat came up after me.

"Where are you doing?" She looked at the suitcase then back at me

"I'm going to stay at nannas for a bit" I dragged my suitcase into my room and plonked it down on my bed, I opened my wardrobe "What could I bring to Spain that would be suitable for there weather" I felt her eyes watch my every movement I turned round to see her start crying I ran over to her and gave a hug "Don't cry"

"Don't leave Cami! Please I beg you!" Kat held me tight, she didn't know what had happened with Callum, that he was in town, he's bothering me, he knows where we live and hes the reason I'm going.

"I need to Kat, please don't be angry, I have my reasons but I cant tell you" we sat on the bed holding each others hand tight she looked at me concerned. Maybe I should tell her but then she would only try to make me stay 'Don't let him get to you' that's what she would say even though she would be bothered by it too.

I got up wiping the tears away and started packing, I booked my flight for that even the sooner the better. I messaged nannas telling her I was on my way and that I would explain when I got there the reasons why I need to get away so badly. She would understand why...i hope she would.

I rung Deanna and Emily telling them I was going away the both started crying which made me cry, we were a right bunch!

"How long will you be gone" Deanna asked

"I'm not sure, but ill stay in touch I promise!" I've never gone away on my own before I was scared even though it was only a flight journey I would be on my own as Nanna said she would wait for me at the other end.. I hope Robs fine after I left him that note not explaining why it had some other girls name on it.

***

I finished packing my suitcase and lugged it down the stairs, Kat was sitting at the breakfast bar waiting for me. She had made a bacon sandwich with extra ketchup for me before I left, we sat down together talking and gossiping like we usually do until I heard a car horn, it was the taxi. I put all my stuff into the back of the car and returned to Kat where she was by the door trying to stay in one piece. I made up my mind I was going to tell Kat why I had to leave when I was in the taxi so she couldn't stop me. I hugged what seemed like a century and got into the taxi.

I pulled out my phone where I read text from Deanna and Emily which read : "Missing you already xxxxx" I smiled and scrolled down my contacts to find Kats number.

"Kat, I'm leaving because Callum is back and I cant take it, he's been here for a few months now and its getting harder and harder. Rob landed up in hospital because of him, I passed out because of him and ended up at hospital earlier, me and Deanna fell out because of him. I'm so sorry I never told you I thought I could deal with it but obviously I cant. I love you always xxxxxxxx" I

****

This was It I was on the plane to Spain, maybe I could start a new life here? Kat could join me, I could save up for her ticket if necessarily...we took off high in the clouds, I looked out the window everything was so small, I put my headphones in to make the journey go quicker that's when I decided I would write Robs letter here. No distractions. Just me, my music, thoughts and paper.

My hands started shaking as I was about to write I was basically about to tell Rob my life in a letter, I've never done anything like this before...here it goes.

"..Rob...

I'm sorry for leaving, please don't hate me! I'm safe I'm on the plane now as I write to my nannas, I'm going to stay here for a while until everything dies down and I can return.

One thing that's probably bothering you is why I said "Chloe" at the end of my note well as you know when I was 14, Callum raped me, he took the most precious thing belonging to me and I could never get it back, I always dreamed of letting someone I truly loved having it not him! I told my sister a few months later about it and as you would guess she freaked and rung my parents and they rung the police. Callum became.... A stalker I guess, he would follow me, constantly knock of my door, stand over the road trying to see into my room and he wouldn't stop ringing and texting me. It didn't matter how many times I would change my number he would get it again.

The police got involved but there wasn't enough evidence to prove he did that to me,but they did put an injunction against him but that didn't stop him that's when they said about changing my identity, that was the only way and to move away. Mum got a promotion anyway even though that didn't matter she's never here.

So my full name is : Chloe Ann Cole but I don't want to be that person anymore I believe that I am : Cami-Li Smith. I know this is alot to get your head around so ill leave the rest till we see each other again...that's if you want to see me again.

Love,

Cami. X"