Chapter2 - Meeting Maz

Two hours after the plane took off it landed on the airport in London. From hear the families in which we would be staying for about two months would pick us up and take us to the cities they live in. Some of us might stay in London, but with the day I’ve been having so far, I very much doubt I’ll have that luck.

We got out of the plane, went through the passport control, afterwards we headed to the luggage area to get our stuff and on to meeting the families.

Mrs. Alexieva showed me to a middle-aged colored woman.

-      Kalina this is Mrs. Listhrop. You’ll be staying with her and her family while on this trip. – My teacher explained.

-      Hello. Nice to meet you. – I smiled not knowing what else to say.

-      Pleasure. Let’s get you home. – She smiled and offered to help me with my luggage.

We headed towards the parking area and quickly got to her car. We put my stuff in the trunk and then climbed in. After she started the engine and we were driving for about 15minutes I asked:

-      So… uhm where do you live?

-      In Wolverhampton. – She smiled. – It’s on about two hours and half drive from here.

-      Cool… - I mumbled.

Told you I wasn’t gonna stay in London. Fuck. My. Life!

Afterwards she started telling me about her live, her sons and stuff like that.

‘I’ll have to share a room with a boy. Great, just great.’ – I thought to myself.

The next two hours weren’t as bad as I thought they would be. Mrs. Listhrop turned out to be quite nice and said I could call her mum, which is pretty, well, nice, I guess.

Soon we arrived at her house. She parked the car in front and we got out. We got my stuff and she then locked the car. As she was unlocking the front door of her home, she turned to me and said:

-      I’m doing a small repair, just a bit of paint here and there. So it might smell of paint a bit. I’m sorry, dear.

-      It’s okay.

She gave me quick tour of the house. Kitchen. Living room. Three bedrooms. Bathroom. A nice English house I guess.

-      This is my son Marius’ room. You’ll be sleeping in here. We’ve put in a cot. Marius will be sleeping on it, so you can take the main bed. – the Mrs. said.

-      Thanks.

-      Alright then. You’re probably exhausted, I’ll leave you to get some rest. – She smiled, walked out and closed the door behind herself.

I took a deep breath in and looked around the room. The room color was a dark greeny blue. It was a bit messy and most of his stuff were on the floor. But it seemed cozy. I opened my suitcase and got my towel and toiletries, then placed them on the bed.

I ran downstairs to ask Mrs. Listhrop if it was okay to use the bathroom. Of course, she said it was completely okay and that I should act as if I am back home and stuff. I thanked her and ran back upstairs.

I gathered my stuff and went to the bathroom. As I was stripping I heard some ruckus coming from downstairs. I decided not mind it and walked under the shower, I pulled the shower curtain and turned on the water.

As the water started drenching my hair and body I heard the bathroom door open. I tried to take a sneak peek behind the curtain, while the person on the other side was obviously trying to do the same. So I pulled the curtain closer to my body to try and cover myself with it. Then the person slipped and fell on me, which led to me falling as well and pulling the curtain down with me.

-      What the hell?! – I yelled while falling down.

The lad, well it turned out to be a lad, said nothing, only laughed. Now the hot water was falling like pouring rain over both of us. And the boy was falling laughing like a total maniac, so I joined in. When we both calmed down he looked up at me.

-      Hey. – He said through laughter.

-      Hi. – I laughed back. – You must be Marius.

-      Just Maz…

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Hey guys, Kayo here. How you doin’?

What do you think of the new chapter? Please comment below telling me what you think. Vote if you like it and maybe even Fan?

Thanks for reading. Byyyyyeeeee! xxx