Chapter21 - Back to normal.

I was standing frozen just staring blankly at Sam who was looking down at me expecting some sort of reaction. I wanted to oblige him. I really did. I also wanted to pinch myself, see if all this was true. I wanted to kiss him back. I wanted to hug him tightly and tell him how happy I am. But I just had no control whatsoever over my body. I was locked inside my mind trying to decide whether this was just a dream or reality. I was so into processing the situation that I couldn’t even hear what he was saying. I could see his mouth moving as if he was speaking only no sound was coming out. I shook my head, as I’ve seen my favorite cartoon characters do so many times, as if to get out of my thoughts and back in the real world.

-         Uhm I’m sorry, what? – I managed to ask.

My throat was sore and getting every single word out hurt as if I had been in bed with a bad cold for at least a week or so.

-         You still like me. – Sam stated and quickly added: Right? – just to make sure.

He his little statement/question made me chuckle, which made him look extremely nervous as if he expected me to say no.

-         No, I actually don’t. – I said seriously.

-         Really? – Sam asked in disbelieve.

-         You’re such an idiot! – I said with the biggest smile on my face and hugged him tight.

Not a second later after my arms were around him, were his around me as well. A few minutes had passed before either of us said a word.

-         You think it’s time for us to go join Maz and Louis? – Sam asked, his hands still wrapped tightly around my waist.

-         Yes, please. I’m starving! – I said as Peps chuckled at me.

-         Leggo then.

He took my hand and we started walking down the road as I chuckled quietly not wanting to ruin the moment.

-         What’s so funny? – He asked hearing my laugh.

-         Oh nothing. – I mumbled looking in the opposite direction.

-         C’mon, tell me! – He pleaded.

-         I just never thought you’d be the holding hand type a guy. – I said chuckling once again.

-         There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me. – He said joining my laugh.

Half an hour later we found them in this cute little Indian restaurant jamming curry down their throats.

-         What happened to Nando’s? – I asked while sitting on the bench next to Louis.

-         Eat your curry, nigga! – Maz ordered while munching on his own. 

-         Okay, jeez. It was just a question! – I mumbled and looked to Louis for help, who only chuckled at my silent plead, before asking:

-         Where’d you two disappear to?

Before I could even decide on how to answer Sam butted in. Normally I’d think he was coming to my rescue, but in this particular case I’m not so sure. It was more like he was coming to his own rescue.

-         Kal saw a friend from school.

I shot him a hurt glare, not voicing it, but biting back in my mind:

“That took only like five from the minutes we spend away, Pepper! What about the other 25?!”

-         Was it that tall dude that was crushing on you? – Maz wondered out loud.

-         Who? What? – Both me and Sam asked at the same time.

-         That P guy that we saw when I came to pick you up. – Mazzi explained not helping me at all.

God, I hope Peps doesn’t freak out. I have no freaking idea what that side of him is. I hope he’s not the jealous type, that’d be horrid.

“Do I need to salvage the situation? Or is it okay?” – I asked myself, before coming to a conclusion: “I suck at this!”

-         Who? Parker? He doesn’t have a crush on me! – I decided on trying to salvation road. – But yeah, he is the one we saw.

-         Cool. – Maz mumbled before adding in a sass tone. – Oh and btw he does have a crush on you.

-         Maz why are you speaking IM? – I asked as the other started chuckling. – Cause you’re a proud sassy black woman, is that it?

-         You got that right sista! – He said snapping his fingers making me laugh even harder.

-         Maz I’m about to ROTFL! – I said making Mazzi laugh as well.

The rest of the dinner was pretty standard. We celebrated Louis and Sam’s one year anniversary and cracked stupid jokes now and then throughout the whole meal.

 After we got out of the restaurant and headed back towards the bus, I asked:

-         What next? – While looking around for Peps to be as cheesy as him and hold his hand, but he was on my other side, Louis and Maz crammed in the middle.

I looked at him questioningly, but he just gave me a small smile and continued his conversation with Mazzi.

-         Now, we go and find an adventure. – Louis smiled at me.

-         What kind of adventure? – I splattered a half fake half real smile on my face and looked at him intrigued.

But no answer followed, just a devilish smirk telling me I was either going to love it or hate it, most probably involving a prank as well. When suddenly the memory of our last adventure popped up into my brain. Brighton. The abandoned warehouse.

-         Tell me it’s different from the last one we went on? – I gave him my pleading look.

He just continued smirking evilly.

-         What is it this time? – I asked already panicking. – An abandoned prison?

-         Nope. – He quickly denied.

-         Mental institution? – I shot my second suggestion.

-         Close enough. – Louis laughed. – It’s an asylum.

-         What’s the freaking difference?! – I snapped.

-         Not really sure. – Louis laughed.

I joined in on the laugh, though the difference was that mine was a nervous one.

-         You’re in, right? – He asked smiling at me.

-         An abandoned asylum? Yeah, sure! Why the heck not?! – I said once again nervously chuckling…

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Hey guys! How are you? What do you think of this chappie? Do leave your opinion in the comment section below and maybe hit the VOTE button if you enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for reading and for getting this story over 20K reads!

I love you! Xxx

btw my new stupid youtube vid’s on the side if you wonna check that out, thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1AUd36GHA

and the boys’ vlogs are below!

Sam's vloghttp://youtu.be/jcGTqzxFaX8

Louis' vloghttp://youtu.be/mz2FxcHgC-8