Chapter10 - Drumming and Costa with Ukslafrican YouTubers

We scooted from the Boom Bus to where Sam two’s drumming lesson was at. We left the scooters at in front of the building and went inside, then up the stairs and into some room. Everyone else was already in front of their drums waiting for the teacher to come inside. We walked to the back of the room where there was exactly five drum sets left.

As we sat down the teacher walked in and the lesson started. Everyone was drumming, except for me and my busmates. Half an hour into the lesson the teacher decided to learn are names.

-      What’s your name, sir? – The teacher directed his question at Pepps.

-      Sam. – Pepper replied simply.

-      Sam. – The teacher repeated then turned to Louis. – And you, sir?

-      Louis. – The dude with the dreadlocks said.

-      Louis. – The teacher repeated again. Then Louis decided to say his last name as well.

-      Louis Cole.

By now I was practically pissing myself from laughter, when Mazzi’s turn came.

-      Sir? – The teacher turned to him.

-      Maz. – You’d expect him to say Marius or something normal-ish, but no.

-      Mazzz. – The teacher repeated which got me into hysterical laughter. – Miss?

I guess that was directed at me, so I tried to calm my laughter quickly and replied:

-      Al.

-      Al? – The teacher repeated, I nodded and on went the lesson, so I went back to laughing.

-      You alright? – Maz whispered into my ear laughingly.

-      Awesome. – I whispered back.

Half an hour later-ish, there was still another hour left of the lesson. Louis, having nothing else to do, decided to vlog a little.

-      Okay, so there’s another hour left of the lesson, apparently. – Louis said to the camera, then directed it at Sam who said:

-      And we still don’t have drumsticks. – Laughingly.

Maz, not wanting to stay behind, decided to turn on his charms and use them on the camera:

-      I need to poo.

Then Louis complained:

-      We don’t know how to escape. We’re trapped in the corner. But we’re playing drums… With our hands.

-      ‘Cause we’re professionals, Louis! – I laughed and started playing with the drums.

About half an hour before the end of the lesson we got, each, a pair of drumsticks and finally started drumming. Me being a total klutz, I sucked at it, but at least I was having fun. The lads we’re doing pretty well at least from what I can tell. Especially Pepper. And Maz was so concentrated, as if he was solving the most difficult equation. The look on his face was so funny. Oh my god!

So that was the lesson over. On our way out, the teacher started chattering:

-      Nice to meet ya. Nice to meet ya. See ya next time.