Chapter19 - ...it's best if I stay...

For the past couple of days I’ve been ignoring Sam as much as I possibly could. I’d stay up nights with Louis to keep him company for the drives from one city to another and go to bed in the mornings after a short breakfast while all the lads are sleeping. Or stay with Maz while Sam’s with Louis, or the other way around, me staying with Louis while Sam’s with Mazzi.

It’s been a bit weird, well actually… really weird. The atmosphere gets awfully awkward when all four of us are in the same room. It just goes up the scale to the point where I think I’m going to suffocate from the intensity. You could actually cut the air with a butcher’s knife! That’s how dreadfully uncomfortable and… well just plainly awkward it gets. Especially when Maz or Louis would bring up the topic of mine and Samuel’s acting around each other. I say his’ as well, because as much as I tried to avoid absolutely every single contact with him, so did he, which actually made it quite easy for me to ignore him… But it also hurt like hell.

We had spent the first day, after Bristol, in Cardiff where you wouldn’t believe what happened! The bus got broken… Again! Yay! Please do note the sarcasm. I’m sick of the damn bus getting broken in every single city we visit! But what can you do?... The party went quite nice and the Welsh were sweet. So other than the bus braking again, it was actually quite fun. Well as fun as it could be when the boy you like and rejected you lives on the bus with you and you see him pretty much every second of the day.

The next day we ended up in Birmingham, where it got absolutely crazy! There were screaming girls running after the bus on the streets. Even police officers had come to “guard” the lads. It was so hectic! I’ve never seen so many fangirling girls in one place in my entire life!... Well apart from that Justin Bieber concert I went to. But still that was for a pop star and this… This was for three YouTubers. I mean c’mon. It’s not that I don’t get why they love the guys. But still, it’s totally mental!

Currently I was sitting on the couch-like thingy at the front of the bus next to the driver’s seat where Louis was sitting. We were driving towards our next stop… and my last one. Wolverhampton.

These past couple of days haven’t been exactly peachy for me, but they weren’t great also for the boys. I was beginning to feel guilty for that as well as for revealing my true feelings to Sam. So I had decided on going back to Maz’s hometown, where I should’ve been all along. This was their awesome adventure and I was basically just tagging along. And now I was ruining it. No one would miss me if I went back, but at least I’d know that the lads are having fun.

I glanced over at Louis. He was driving down the road, keeping a steady speed right at the limit without breaking it, watching it intently as dark was beginning to fall. His dreads in their usual tied look, while a pineapple printed jumper was hugging loosely his torso. I love that jumper, it suits him. While I was studying his every move my eyes began to get teary. I had grown quite attached to this adventures boy.

To be honest, I had grown quite attached to all of them. Louis. Mazzi. Sam. Yoda. And even this broken cardboard cutout of a bus. It was beginning to feel like home… and family. But you know what they say: “Every good thing’s bound to have an end.”

-         Kal? – Louis’ voice snapped me out of my ill thoughts.

-         Yeah? – I flashed him a weak smile.

-         You okay? – He asked, worry flashing in his eyes.

-         Just peachy. – I giggled at my own sad little inside joke. – Why?

-         You’re crying. – He stated, his voice now drenched with the worry that covered his face.

I raised my hand and stroked my cheek with it, discovering that Louis was indeed right. It’s funny how something like that can escape your attention, when that should actually be the first thing on your mind as it happens.