Chapter 41

No one needed to tell her to block because lifting both of her arms to protect her face was something she did without thinking one bit at that particular moment. Seeing an old woman preparing to hit her with a hard wooden cane is something that Taeyeon never thought would ever occur to her life. Especially when that woman is your girlfriend's grandmother.

SMACK.

Her eyes squeezed shut and she waited for the blow but she felt no pain on her body.

Damn...she must've hit so hard I can't feel anything anymore or maybe I died and now I'm in a place where I can't feel pain.

"OW"

A deep startled groan went through the air and Taeyeon opened her eyes to see an unexpected sight. The cane didn't hit her. It hit someone else. Not her. Not Tiffany. Not Leo.

"Oh my SON! Who in the world told you to stand behind me?!" Tiffany's grandmother broke out in panic looking at her son that was holding his red fore head.

"Oh my gosh! DAD ARE YOU OKAY?" Taeyeon heard Tiffany and Leo screamed at the same time as the two siblings rushed to their dad's side. Taeyeon stood paralyzed, her eyes wide not knowing what just happened. She should've never closed her eyes a few moments ago to miss the moment. But something was certain to her. Tiffany's grandmother didn't hit her. Instead she hit Professor Hwang. Probably by accident. How did that happen?

She witnessed the commotion infront of her, Mr. Hwang sitting on a chair and Leo rushing into the living room with an ice pack in tow.

"Mom. I'm ok. I'm ok. I don't need an ice pack." Mr. Hwang protested but Tiffany's nanny still managed to shove the ice pack into his face even if his injured spot was actually his forehead. Tiffany soon came back to her side, her eyes rolling.

"What happened? I didn't quite catch what happened." Taeyeon said out slowly as she scratched her head.

"Grandma always somehow managed to hit my friends who came to my house at least once with her cane. This time seemed like she swung her cane too far back it actually hit dad which just had to stand behind her."

"I'm scared of your grandma. Very."

----------------------------------------

Tiffany hauled her suitcase into her old room that she used when she was in her teens. Before she moved to her Korea. She immediately sat on her bed, tired from the long flight and how her grandma made a scene awhile ago. She looked at Taeyeon who was standing in the door way inspecting her room. Seeing that, she also inspected her room. Everything was the same except for a few things that her dad might've took out.

"I know you like pink Fany. But I didn't know you like it this much." Taeyeon came to her with a smile before Tiffany felt the bed dip slightly because of the added weight. She knew what her girlfriend meant by that because of the color of her room. Tiffany returned a small smile and leaned onto Taeyeon to nuzzle her face into the crook of the older girl's neck.

Automatically, just like always, Taeyeon slipped her arm around Tiffany's waist and secured her body. The older girl pressed her cheek against Tiffany's head and sighed, feeling the hot breath of Tiffany hitting her neck continuously. They stayed like that for a moment in silence, with Taeyeon's thumb stroking Tiffany's waist mindlessly.

"You smell good." Tiffany broke the silence with a soft comment as she leaned in further to plant a soft lingering kiss on Taeyeon's neck before pulling away, her face etched with a smile.