Chapter 22

BOLD = English.

The dark sky above was decorated by the shiny moon and millions of stars, which illuminated the scene of two lovebirds resting on the layers of green grasses in the middle of a quiet park.

They had just celebrated a humble birthday occasion and now they were using the remaining time having some quality time as a couple. Taeyeon laid on the grass, serving her arm as a makeshift pillow while she stared at the constellations above.

Everything was quiet except for the soft breathings of both girls and the sound of Taeyeon's heart beating steadily.

Suddenly, Taeyeon turned to her side and stared at the girl beside her instead. Tiffany turned her head and met Taeyeon's eyes. She was beautiful as always. Her eyes shining like fiery stars, and her soft pale skin was illuminated by the moonlight. Her eyes, nose, and lips are perfect as if she doesn't belong in the mortal world at all. Taeyeon took out her hand to touch Tiffany's cheek and caressed it.

"Are you actually an angel?" Taeyeon involuntarily mumbled and felt immensely stupid for saying that out loud. Hearing what Taeyeon said, Tiffany couldn't help but laugh a little.

"You always seem to compliment me but have you ever looked at yourself? You're equally beautiful Taeyeon. You're pale white skin, perfectly shaped eyes and cute petite nose. I still wonder why you don't have boys swarming around you." Tiffany nonchalantly replied and Taeyeon looked away to hide her blush.

She wasn't expecting that type of compliment from Tiffany.

Taeyeon shrugged and acted like it wasn't a big deal.

"Who knows? Beauty is decided by the eye of the beholder right?"

With a nod from Tiffany, both of them fell silent again. Taeyeon racked her brain in hope of finding a topic to talk about when she sensed her fingers were captured by Tiffany's. Her heart beat faster and she scolded herself her being so jumpy and nervous. What was she? An adolescent that is currently passing through puberty with hormones raging? No.

So she has no excuse or reason why her heart would accelerate sometimes when Tiffany just initiated a simple gesture of skin ship towards her even if they already passed base two. She was sometimes sensitive when it comes to Tiffany. She hates that and she wonders if the exact same thing is happening to Tiffany.

Taeyeon intertwined her fingers tighter with Tiffany's and pulled the girl closer to her before holding Tiffany in her arms. Taeyeon's heartbeat was slowing now as she buried her face into Tiffany's hair and breathed in the fragrant in admiration. Her thumb caressed Tiffany's smooth upper arm again and again as they both enjoyed this moment in satisfaction. Sometimes, all a couple want to do is cuddle and have their own sweet and innocent moment.

"I love you so much." Taeyeon mumbled and held onto Tiffany tighter. Tiffany smiled at those simples words, feeling her heart throb with the feeling of secure and love.

"I love you too Taetae."

Taeyeon's lips curved up at the reply and she kissed Tiffany's head. Once. Twice. Thrice. For her, she was in heaven. This is what she considers heaven. Being near Tiffany and having the chance to hold her in her arms. It seemed like everything was perfect but when Taeyeon was laying there, she noticed that she never knew the reason of that day. That freaking day that showed her pictures that will corrupt her beautiful mind-hopefully not forever. Her smile drop and curved down into a frown.

The day when she saw Tiffany kissing Nichkhun.

She knew. She knew that she shouldn't be thinking about this again because it was the past and Tiffany made it super duper clear that she loves Taeyeon but why? Why did Tiffany kiss Nichkhun? Was it some mistake? Did Nichkhun force her? Taeyeon actually imagined the day when she will ask Tiffany about it and made it clear but she didn't want to bring it up today. Especially right now in this moment when there's already peace.....