Chapter 49

Tiffany was sitting in her office, working as the CEO's assistant. It had been quite a few months since she had been promoted to this level by her boss. It was very good news and she still remembered how happy she was, pouncing at Taeyeon as she bragged about everything.

As soon as the image of Taeyeon intruded her mind, a scowl crawled its way onto her face. She was still pretty much mad at the older girl although she had cool down a little. Events of what happened yesterday steps into her mind one by one again and somehow, Tiffany's teeth gritted with more intensity, feeling the fury appear.

The pressure in her hands tightened around the item she was holding.

Disappointment....anger....sadness mixed together but mostly it was anger and disppointment, swirling round and round in her body.

Snap.

That little noise brought Tiffany back on track and she gasped when she spotted the broken pencil in her hand. Her eyes widened as she held the two pieces of pencil beyond her eyes.

"Did I really do this?" Tiffany mumbled, and she pouted in disappointment.

"But it was......pink." Tiffany reluctantly threw the junk into the bin nearby and fished out another one to continue writing the draft for some report. She shook her head to delete Taeyeon.

"Why am I making such a big deal out of this though? I mean...maybe she was-" Tiffany bit her lip to stop the words from flowing out. She knocked her head and scolded at herself.

"No! Tiffany! You can't forgive her so easily! Curse you're soft heart! Stay strong! Or else next time the same thing will happen. You have to teach Taeyeon a lesson." She encouraged herself and jerked when she heard a soft knock on her door. She positioned herself properly in her seat and facepalmed, hoping the person at the door didn't hear her crazily speaking to herself.

"Come in." She said out and the door opened, to reveal a security guard. His name was Joon, a kind handsome man that works as the company's guard. To be honest, there's quite a few female colleagues of Tiffany's that swoon over him.

"Oh Joon-shii! What makes you come here?" Tiffany immediately stood up from her chair and walked to him with a friendly smile.

"Uh T-Tiffany-shii...S-someone send you these flowers." He stuttered and a small smile came across his flushed face.

Tiffany eyed the bouquet of roses in Joon's hand and took it from him not before giving him a light bow.

"Thank you." Tiffany smiled and she witnessed how Joon's cheeks turned a darker shade of her favorite color.

"I-I'll get going. Have a very very good day." Joon choked out and rushed out of her room. Tiffany cocked her head in confusion as she watched the way Joon scrambled out, like his life depended on it.

What is up with him? Am I that scary or what?

Going back to her desk, she inspected the bouquet of pink roses and tried to find a card or something, identifying who it was from. She spun the flowers and tried in vain to find a letter or something.

"Who could it possibly be-" Her head turned to the direction of her phone which just beeped.

Message from Taeyeon: Did you like the roses? :D

Tiffany literally, LITERALLY, slammed her face onto her desk.

"Of course. I should've known." She muttered as she kept the roses aside. She eyed the message, thinking if she should reply or not.

Message sent: What are you trying to do?

Tiffany sent a reply and quickly wiped the small faint smile that was hovering over her face. Why was she smiling? She should be mad! She should be upset.