Chapter 26

Taeyeon stood awkwardly in the studio, not knowing whether to sit or stand. Just this morning, her manager called her to come to the SM building, without saying a reason. Grogily, Taeyeon washed up and came to this place directly, skipping breakfast. All those things, she did mindlessly because the only thing..or should we say person had always been in her mind. Tiffany.

Had she been eating well?

Is she ok?

Did she have a proper sleep?

All these things pop into her mind, listing all the things that Tiffany couldve suffered from.

"Have a seat Taeyeon-shi." Her manager said all of a sudden, gesturing to the empty brown couch at the corner of the room.

"Thank you."Taeyeon replied softly, as she laid herself on the soft sofa. She inspected the empty studio. The place that used to be her dream workplace.

"Do you not want to know why you are here today?" Her manager asked her, crouching to her level, with a smile on his face.

"Yes I would like to know oppa. Why?" Taeyeon asked, not that she cared but she just didnt want to embarrass her manager by saying no.

"And where's everybody?" Taeyeon added.

"Well....today you'll be meeting a producer. He should-" he was cut off when the door to the studio opened and in came a man with a shaggy beard on his face.

"And there he is." Taeyeon's manager finished as he dusted his jeans and stood up, with a hand out to shake it with the producer, but was ended up greeted with a hug.

"Mike. This is Taeyeon. Taeyeon. This is Mike. The producer we'll be working with today." Taeyeon's manager introduced. Taeyeon stood up and prepared to shake hands but her eyes widened when the producer pulled her into a bear hug instead.

"Hello little kid. You're Taeyeon? The one Lee Soo Man's been bragging about?" Mike said as he laughed outloud, his boisterious voice echoing off the walls of the studio.

"He's been talking a lot about you! Saying-" Mike babbled but Taeyeon didnt hear the rest because she kind of zoned out for a moment there.

Should I send her a text?

Taeyeon eyed her iPhone laying on her jacket.

"Hey." She was pulled back into conciousness when a hand was placed on her shoulder. Turned out it was her manager.

"Listen to this." The manager pulled her to sit on the couch. Taeyeon searched for Mike and saw him sitting in a chair, doing something with his computer.

That guy talks a lot.

Thomas pulled out his laptop and clicked into a a playtrack. "Listen." He directed and that was what Taeyeon did. She listened to the melody of tune, a ballad and found herself immersing into the song. The soothing sound of the damn piano just aggravated her mood. The lyrics wasnt foreign. They somehow spoke right into her heart, pointing out everything that happens in her life spot on. Her manager replayed the track 3 times and Taeyeon found herself having a hard time to control her emotions.

"So you ready to sing?" Her manager said and Taeyeon looked at him, confused.

"Excuse me?" Taeyeon said, shocked.

"Are you ready to sing? You've gotta stop widening your eyes too much. AHAHA" Her manager pointed out and laughed.

"I have to sing this song?" Taeyeon asked to make sure she didnt heard it wrongly.

"Yes! You'll be singing this song for a drama. This song will be an original sound track and you'll be the singer of this fine song. This is going to be your debut Taeyeon-shi!" Thomas said, trying to suppress his excitement but he's currently doing a very bad job.