Warning chapter 23

Hi,

My apologies for the random interruption between chapters, but it's important that I let you know that the following chapter contains toxic behaviour.

The anger Salem's friends show her toward her coping mechanism with the trauma she went through isn't right. She didn't have to apologise and wasn't in the wrong, ever. After all, everyone reacts to trauma in a different way, not even mentioning how they deal with it. It was wrong of me to write it the way I did, which I'm very sorry for and currently very much aware of.

So, the least I could do, was warn you about it as well. If you're going through any kind of trauma and people react the way they do in the upcoming chapter or the chapters before this one, they're toxic. You don't have to apologise for putting yourself first, for coping with something horrible. Your friends should be supporting you and tell you that it's fine.

I want to apologise for writing it the way I did, because in no way did I want to invalidate the trauma Salem went through.

If there's one thing I wanted to do with this story was show how two people have a healthy relationship and work through ups and downs. That applies to both a romantic relationship between people as well as a platonic relationship, because if I learned anything from my time on Wattpad it's that a lot of toxic stories are out there. More importantly, those stories are being read by a young audience and will affect their portrayal of what a healthy relationship should look like.

Perhaps it doesn't apply to everyone, and I'm glad if it doesn't, I merely wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be adding to that signature picture of what Wattpad stories make relationships out to be. So, I therefore wanted to write a story which would portray what a healthy relationship should look like, and not for example a love story between a bully and its former victim (considering the whole power dynamic that comes into play) that's why later on in the story I deliberately decided against making two characters end up with each other.

Anyways, I'm planning on editing this book. And altering chapter 23 is one of the first changes I'll make. Again, I'm incredibly sorry if I hurt you with my words that was never my intention.

If there's anything on your mind which I should know about or what I should change in the future containing this story, please let me know. I'm willing to learn and educate myself.  

x Sanne