Chapter 8

It was middle of the night, Shikamaru woke up from his sleep, he looked besides him and saw Naruto was not there, worry  took him over.

He got up from his bed and checked the washroom, hoping naruto was there but when he saw he was not, Shikamaru walked into the living room, there he found Naruto sitting on the couch, some scrolls in his hands.

Shikamaru sighed in relief and sat down beisdes Naruto,"What are  you doing?"

Naruto turned to look at Shikamaru,"Oh nothing, I couldn't sleep..."

Shikamaru asked,"Were you still facing the nightamares?"

Naruto chuckled,"No it's not that, I don't get nighmares when I am with you, it's just that I slept too much today so I couldn't sleep."

Shikamaru sighed, "Put that scrolls away and come here, nobody can sleep too much." Naruto nodded and sealed the scrolls away, he shyly moved into Shikamaru's arm,"I am so thankful to you Shikamaru."

Shikamaru just hummed, and wrapped his arm around naruto, he thought they would go into the bedroom when they feel a bit sleepy but what he didn't expect that Naruto would fall asleep so easily.

Shikamaru mumbled,"Got too much sleep huh?" 

======================================

The next day, Yoshino woke up and went to living to do her normal chores but when she walked there, she sat Naruto cuddling on her son's chest, her son had his one arm around naruto's waist and the other hand in the blonde fluff of hair, it looked like Shikamaru was protecting Naruto.

Yoshino felt all her sleep go away and she controlled the urge to squeal, she bit her lower lip and went to wake her husband up.

When his wife woke him up and dragged him into the living room, shikaku just wanted to go back to his room to sleep but when he saw the people on the couch, his eyes widened, Yoshino whispered,"Cute right?"

Shikaku nodded,"Let's not wake them up and wait till they wake up themselves."

The couple grinned. "It would be a sight to see" They thought.

After a while, Shikamaru woke up, he felt a weight on his chest,  he opened his eyes and saw naruto, a smile grew on his face but it soon disappeared when a voice said," You can get up now that you are awake."

Shikamaru's head shot  towards the voice, it was his father, Shikamaru felt the position was a bit embarassing , Naruto too woke up because of Shikamaru's moving, he looked at Shikamaru then turned his head towards Shikaku, it took him a second to realise that he was on Shikamaru,"ahh!! I am sorry."

He hurriedly got up from Shikamaru, he face heated up when he looked at his friend's parents. 

Yoshino chuckled,"Hurry and wash up, then we will have breakfast."

Naruto nodded and immediately ran towards Shikamaru's room.

Shikamaru looked between his parents who were grinning,"What?!"

Yoshino turned around,"Nothing~"

Shikamaru got up and walked towards his room, if you looked carefully his ears were  turning red.

====================================

Naruto and Shikamaru left the Nara compund, shikamaru asked,"What are you going to do now?" Naruto shrugged,"I don't know, maybe I would go help around the village. "

Shikamaru nodded.

Naruto asked,"What are you going to do?"

Shikamaru thought for a bit,"I am going to chouji's."

There was silence for a second, shikamaru said,"Then see you later at Chouji's for dinner with everyone."

Naruto smiled,"Okay."
____________________________
Author's Note:-

Sorry guys for the short chapter, I have assignments to do so....
Anyway hoow was this chapter? 
Hope you like it, 

Please vote and comment.