Chapter 24

Naruto and Kiba started to walk towards the formal's house, they were quiet for once, Kiba took a glance at Naruto from the corner of his eyes before saying,"Are you really not going to confess?" 

Naruto paused at the sudden statement, before turning to look at kiba,"I told you, he doesn't have feelings for me. What if I confess and things get awkward between?"

"Like they aren't right now." Kiba said rolling his eyes.

He took a deep breath before saying,"If you are going to think in a negative way then don't think. Look from a positive aspect, What if he does have feelings for you and you guys end up dating?" He turned to look at Naruto, face to face,"Look Man I don't want to force you but I want you to confess, because I know he definitely has feelings for you. Another reason is that I can't see my friend suffer, Confess and move on!"

Seeing Kiba so sure made Naruto ask him,"Why are you so confident about it, you could be wrong."

Kiba just shrugged," It's just my intuition is strongly pointing in that direction."

Naruto was going to say something but Kiba interrupted him,"My intuition is never wrong. So Naruto confess!"

Kit this inu boy is right. I also think that Nara boy has feelings for you.

Naruto  sighed as he gave in,"Okay. Since you  both are so sure about it, I will give it a try." A wide grin spread throughout Kiba's face, "Alright! But if you are still so unsure about it and worried that things would get awkward, you can say something like  'Kiba gave me a dare' if things go downhill."

Naruto just gave a nod, he was still unsure about all these things but he had decided to trust Kiba's instinct.

***

Naruto couldn't sleep properly, he had promised Kiba that he would confess and it made him feel anxious, Kurama tried to calm him down but in no vain. 

It was already morning and Naruto got ready, he at first hought he would go to Shikamaru's place but it felt very weird to go to someone's house and confess, also Shikamaru doesn't live alone, Yoshino and maybe shikaku would be there so he decided against it.

He doesn't know where the Nara was so he decided to go to that hill, hoping that Shikamaru would show up there, the chances were high because it was the place Shikamaru liked to rest the most.

***

Shikamaru had made up his mind yesterday night when he broke up with Temari, he was going to confess, if things go downhill, he would ask Naruto to atleast remain his friend, he couldn't bear to be apart from the blonde.

It was already morning and Shikamaru was pacing around his room, he doesn't know where  Naruto might be at the moment, maybe he was at work or maybe hanging around with Kiba.  he felt a sour taste in his mouth at the latter thought.

Sighing Shikamaru looked around the village, there was no sign of Naruto, but then a thought came to his mind Maybe there.

With this thought  Shikamaru ended up on the hill he frequently goes to and just as his thought he saw Naruto laying on the ground against the tree.

Shikamaru's hand started to get sweaty, he clenched it into a fist and walked towards the blonde before sitting down besides him. Naruto turned to his side to see Shikamaru sitting and knew it was the time.

They both looked at each other in the eye, the silence was getting heavy and they both said at the same time breaking the silence.

"I have something to say....."

"I want to tell you something....."

They both paused at this before saying again at the same time

"You go first...."

"You go first...."

Another silence covered the atmoshere, both of them just staring at each other, their heart racing and their palms getting sweaty, when they thought the other was not going say anything, again they both said at the same time.

"I love you Naruto."

"I love you Shikamaru."

Both of their eyes widened, the whole world felt silent, only their heartbeats were heard. Naruto was the one to break this silence, he asked in a very low voice,"You do?"

Shikamaru gave a slight nod,"You too?"

Naruto nodded slowly.

A second later, they both burst out into laughter, which came out of their hearts,  they were laughing at their own siliness and just because they were happy, so so so happy.

Another second later, the atmosphere changed, Shikamaru placed his hand on Naruto's which was on the ground, he leaned in and their face were only a few centimeters away, they could feel the other's breath on their cheeks.

Shikamaru gulped before asking,"Can I kiss you?"

Naruto gave his consent by closing his eyes shut. It a split second their lips joined, warmth spread all over their bodies, slowly their lips started to move, they both caressed each other's body lightly, The kiss was so pure and innocent with gentleness clearly being evident.
_____________
Author's Note:

Finally the long awaited movement has arrived, I know you guys waited a lot for this chapter. Actually I was going to end this ff here but since you guys waited so long and I felt bad for it, I have decided to publish 3 more chapters, showing their dating and everyone's reaction to it.

Everyone once again show your support by voting and commenting, have a good day.