Chapter 11

"Haaa...."

Naruto woke up with a gasp, the nightmares were getting worse day by day, it's been a week since he departed from leaf village, his mission was to take care of some rogue ninjas, normally he would have taken care of them easily but this time he needed to find their purpose, they were clearly planning something.

Naruto turned to look into the darkness, the moon was glowing in the sky making it the only source of light, there were some rustling heard in the trees and naruto's hand immediately travelled to the kunai pouch, a rabbit jumped out of the bushes.

A normal person would just ignore the rabbit but Naruto knew better from the experiences, he threw his kunai at the rabbit, aiming for it's neck, a poof of smoke enveloped the rabbit and it turned into a man.

Naruto sighed, he needed sleep, if not he will collapse any moment, he slowly walked towards the rabbit no-- the man, he carefully pulled the mask  away from the man and checked his face, it was one of the rogue ninja.

He had already killed two of them and there were 5 left, he knew that were coming, if they were smart they would knew something was wrong as two of their members are dead.

Naruto carefully checked his surroundings for any more signs of danger before jumping up on the tree and resting there, rest he needed rest too badly, his whole body was aching, in a whole week he has gotten a only few hours of sleep that too filled with terrible nightmares.

Naruto was scared to sleep, he missed Shikamaru, he badly wanted to go in the arms of his friend, he wanted to snuggle into that firm chest, Naruto stopped in his track, he told himself to not be greedy, Shikamaru won't always be with him, he has a girlfriend who was soon to be his wife.

Naruto's thoughts drifted to the word girlfriend, he  too had Hinata who left him for Shino, a bitter taste came into his mouth thinking of her, he doesn't hate her but it doesn't mean he loves her either, he just feels nothing towards her.

At first he thought that he was so bad that she left him, but Shikamaru told he was not, and he trusted shikamaru.

Shikamaru~~ I miss him.

Naruto didn't realise when the morning came, he was too indulged in his own thoughts. He started moving from trees to trees. He was close to the enemy  base.

====================

"What's wrong with you?"

Shikamaru looked at his  friend, and then back at the clouds,"Nothing....." Choji opened another packet of chips,"It's not nothing."

Shikamaru sighed,"What a drag....."

Silence filled in the atmosphere, Choji didn't force Shikamaru to say anything, and sat there, waiting for his friend to speak.

Shikamaru kept looking at the sky,"I miss him~~"

Choji looked at his friend, he commented,"I thought you missed Temari but that's not case." This time shikamaru turned to his friend, with What-do-you-mean? look.

Choji shrugged,"Temari is your girlfriend but you never miss her while Naruto who is just your friend, you are missing him only after a week." 

Shikamaru turned to the clouds once again,"I am worried about him."

Choji stuffed the chips in his mouth,"Then why don't you do something for him while he is away."

Hearing this Shikamaru abruptly sat up, why didn't he think of this? By the time Naruto was away he should go check the library and find a permanent solution for naruto's terrible nightmares.

Shikamaru got up,"Thanks Man!"

Choji smiled and Shikamaru ran in the direction of the library with determination in his eyes.
_________________________
Author's Note:

Here is another chapter though it's a bit short. I am tied. I feel like sleeping. I've been studying too hard.

Bye guys!