Chapter 18

Shikamaru and naruto went in the living room to see who came, Naruto was walking in the front, as soon he entered the living room, he paused, Shikamaru came from behind him,"Who is it?"

Naruto turned to look at shikamaru,"Your girlfriend." He doesn't know why but his heart was hurting, and Shikamaru noticed the hurt in Naruto's voice.

Temari started smiling after seeing Shikamaru and jumped on him, hugging him tightly,"I missed you~" Naruto awkwardly backed away as Shikamaru let her continue hugging him. After a few seconds, Yoshino cleared her throat,"Ahem!"  

Temari pulled away, a slight blush on her face,"Sorry. I just missed you too much." Shikamaru muttered,"We met up this week. What's there to miss about?" Troublesome 

"Yeah but we didn't get to spend time that much." Temari said. Naruto was feeling like a third wheel so he turned to shikamaru,"I will go out and get some fresh air. You guys can have your time."

Shikamaru glanced at Temari then at Naruto, he grabbed the wrist of the whiskered boy,"Stay." Naruto paused in his track before smiling,"You should spend time with your girlfriend. I will be back later. See ya."

Shikamaru very reluctantly let go of Naruto, temari just watched everything unfold infront of her, Yoshino did too, however she was internally smiling, she wondered why all the Nara geniuses can't figure out such a simple thing. 

Because they work with their brain and not their heart. Yoshino answered her own question as she continued smiling and went into her room.

Temari tangled her and Shikamaru's hand and dragged him to the couch, talking about various things.

===

Naruto walked out of the Nara compound, and on the streets, he decided to go to Ichiraku's. he pulled the curtains up and sat down on one of the stools.

"Oh Naruto it's been a while." Teuchi said as he looked at blonde with warm smile on his face, Naruto too smiled back,"Yes it's been a while." 

Teuchi served the customer sitting two to three seats away from Naruto as Ayame smiled,"Indeed it has. Will you take the usual?"

Naruto nodded with a smile on his face, coming here was a good decision after all, since he started living with Nara, he was not able to come here often, because he would always eat with the Nara's.

Naruto felt something shuffle besides him, "Oh Naruto  It's been a while" A loud voice rang out, Naruto looked at the person besides him, grinning,"It has been a while Kiba." There was bark from outside the stall and Naruto smiled widely,"Good to see you too Akamaru."

Kiba and Naruto talked about various random stuff as they ate their ramen. Akamaru would sometimes join their conversation from outside the shop because he can't enter it, don't want the dog hair to get into everyone's food.

After a few bowls they were done, they walked out of the stall, Kiba asked,"Where are you going to now?" Naruto shrugged,"No where in particular."

Kiba thought for a bit,"Then come with me. We could hang out."

"Are you sure? Weren't you planning on going somewhere before meeting me?" Naruto asked unsure.

Kiba kinda froze on spot, this was not how Naruto regularly behaves, if it was the usual Naruto, he would be grinning like Idiot and would tag along with him. Few seconds after Kiba un-froze and smiled,"Yes I am sure. Let's go."

Naruto smiled softly and followed Kiba and Akamaru, they both fooled around, buying some clothes, shopping for the dogs, eating takoyaki on the way, they both ended up on the top of Hokage stone face, enjoying the setting sun.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Kiba asked,"Naruto you seem a bit different today." Naruto turned towards him in surprise as Kiba continued,"You are not being your usual self, loud and grinning, no I think this is your real self. and if so why were you hiding your true self?" A frown formed on Kiba's face.

Naruto was loss for words, his mind worked in full speed, trying to come with something but nothing came, he saw the determined look Kiba was giving him. A long sigh left his lips, he decided to tell the truth.

He told Kiba everything and surprisingly Kiba listened to him quietly, he was able to get everything out easily, when he was done Kiba asked,"So that's why you are staying at Shikamaru's?" Naruto nodded. 

"Naruto do you like Shikamaru?" Leave it to Kiba to be blunt.

Naruto easily got flustered,"No I--" Kiba sighed, interrupting him,"Don't deny it so quickly, think about it for a while. Why else would you feel sad when you saw Temari and Shikamaru?" 

Naruto shook his head, with his hand moving all over the place,"When did I say I was sad?"

Kiba grabbed Naruto's shoulder to calm him down,"You didn't say but I saw it. You said you went directly to Ichariku's after leaving Nara compound, and I saw you there, you look like a sad kicked puppy, you looked like Akamaru who didn't get his favourite jerky. Plus I also I saw it in your eyes when you talked about them. Don't deny." Kiba ended sternly.

 Naruto rubbed his face, Kiba patted his shoulder,"Naruto take your time, no one is forcing you. Take all the time you want, these type of things shouldn't be rushed."

Naruto gave a slight nod. His mind filled with various thoughts and he tried to sort them out. They both just stared at nowhere in particular in silence.

Another few minutes later, they both got up, kiba picked up his bags,"Let's get going, it's late. We don't want others to worry." Naruto picked up his bags too,"Let's go."

With this they both went down, Kiba and Naruto parted ways after a small awkward bro hug. Naruto had a smile on his face and Kiba did too, it was nice hanging around a friend.
________________________________
Author's Note:

I want to write my Kibanaru soon, You guys remember when I asked what other pair should I write about? I am going to write a kibanaru time travel fanfic. My writing is not good but I will work hard.  however I will start uploading after I am done with this one.

When I was writing this chapter, I wanted to write a kibanaru so bad, anyway Kiba is such a nice friend, I need somone like him in my life.  

Also guys thankyou for 9.1k read and 404 votes, I am literally crying, Thankyou so much. You guys are the best. (Someone pass me tissues. I can't control myself)