Chapter 1

It has been 2 month since the war ended, everything was slowly going back to normal, Naruto has been helping the 6th hokage, his former sensei Kakashi, rebulid the village. 

It was noon and sun was set up high, Naruto walked near the cliff and laid beneath tree there, lately a lot has been going on his life, he lets out a sigh, and closes his eye, feeling comfortable under the shade of the tree.

Naruto was half asleep when he felt a shuffling besides him, He opened one eye and looked at the person besides him, the said person was Shikamaru who let out a yawn, naruto closed his eye and went to sleep.

 =======================================

The sun had already gone down, Naruto opened his eyes and found himself in arms of his friend, who he rarely talked to, Naruto tried to get up but Shikamaru pulled him closer to his chest, Naruto was strong in terms of chakra but Shikamaru was a bit stronger than him in terms of raw strength. Naruto deciding not to wake the Nara up, stayed still. 

After a few minutes, Shikamaru woke up to find out he was holding Naruto, he was amazed how well Naruto fitted in his arms, not too big not too small, shikamaru felt his cheeks go warm at the thought, he moved away as he decided to push the thought back in mind.

When Naruto felt shikamaru move, he sat up, crossed legs, rubbing his eyes,"You up Shikamaru?"

Shikamaru scratched the back of his neck,"Yeah, sorry about that."

Naruto shook his head,"It's alright. No harm done."

They both stared in each other's eye for what felt like eterrnity until Naruto stood up being his energetic self,"Let's go back."

Shikamaru hummed as naruto walk down the cliff, Shikamaru felt something weird when he stared into Naruto's eyes, they were different, not like the usual ones, they were dull and unlively. And when Naruto jumped and grinned, it seemed amost fake to Shikamaru.

Naruto yelled,"Oy! Shikamaru are you coming or not?"

Shikamaru snapped out of his thought and walked down the cliff with Naruto. Soon they were on the bustling streets.

For a second, Naruto's smile vanished and it came back again and this didn't go unnoticed by Shikamaru who was now sure something was bothering Naruto but he doesn't know what.

Shikamaru placed a hand on Naruto's shoulder who flinched making Shikamaru frown, however Shikamaru decided he would let Naruto open up to him himself and he would just be there for the blonde.

Naruto asked,"What is it Shikamaru?"

Shikamaru said,"Was wondering if you would like to go Ichiraku's with me. My treat"

Naruto brightened a lot more at the mention of Ichiraku and nodded,"I would." Shikamaru smiled softly,"Let's go."

They both walked towards the Ichiraku, ordered some ramen and ate in silence, no one ready to say something and the silence was not awkward but a comfortable one. Naruto appreciated Shikamaru's gesture of not asking anything and treating him to Ramen.

=======================================

Shikamaru entered his house, "Tadaima."  He was greeted, "Okaerinasai" by both his Mother and Father. Shikamaru said,"I am going to take a shower."  Shikaku asked, "Son want to join me for a shogi match after you are done with your shower?" Shikamaru nodded, "Okay."

Shikamaru walked upstairs to his room, the thought of Naruto in his mind, He was grateful to the boy who saved his parents, his friends and many more lives. But now something was bothering the blonde and Shikamaru wanted to be there for him.

__________________________________________
Author's Note:

Hello guys, I finally uploaded the first chapter, I know the chapter is short but I promise I will try to make the upcoming chapters long. Hope you guys tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments and please don't forget to vote too.