Chapter Twenty-Four - Meet the Imperials

Half a click later, all four officials stood at attention as the Vader One made its final approach. Soon enough, the soon-to-be emperor walked down the ramp with his head held high. Rex was the first to step forward and greet him.

"Lord Vader," He nodded, shaking his colleague's hand. "Welcome home!"

Vader cracked a smile beneath his hood, one the soldier barely caught as it disappeared just as fast as it had appeared. "How've you been, Blondie?" He used his old nickname, bringing back the memories of his earlier years as a military general.

"We've all been fine, Vader. What is the big surprise because we need to get a move on?" Tarkin hissed, scowling at the next emperor. Vader's lips tugged downward, the old man's spite annoying the young man. He turned around and pulled Padme from the ship, motioning for the kids to stay out of sight.

"The first surprise, which there are only two so suck it Tarkin, is that Padme and I are officially husband and wife." He smiled down at her as she held up her left hand, the diamond sparkling in the morning sun.

The soldiers congratulated him with a manly hand while the officials gently kissed the back of Padme's hand; Tarkin even cracked a small smile at her. She blushed, hiding her face in Vader's shoulder. "We were married two days ago on Naboo, it was such a beautiful ceremony..."

"That it was, Angel." He kissed her temple. Prett cocked an eyebrow af the pair, a pleasant expression on his face. "So we will be crowning the both of you then?"

"Actually..." Padme smirked, looking down shyly as she turned around and walked back into the ship. Vader took this opportunity to explain the situation.

"As you all know, my wife has months to live - well according to Atzin Foster at least. Since she is poisoned, conceiving a child is not the best idea for her right now. With that being said, we talked about having a family and decided it was best that we went ahead and adopted two children from Theed. Their twins and gentlemen, I can guarantee you'll love them as much as we already do..."

He turned around as Luke ran down the ramp. "Daddy!"

Both of them embraced each other tightly, Vader pulling the small boy up onto his hip. "Boys, this is my son, Luke. Luke, these are my right-hand men, Rex, Cody and Prett. Then we have Tarkin, who's basically my public relations guy and all around still in the mud." The officials laughed at this, all except Tarkin who shook his head in amusement.

Padme soon came down holding Leia on her hip just like her husband. The little girl hid her head in the crook of her mother's neck, hugging her tightly. "Gentlemen, this is our daughter, Leia; Sweetheart, these are Daddy's work friends. Can you say hi to them?"

Leia raised her head up and peeked at the men, smiling as the soldiers waved back at her. Vader went ahead and took Leia, handing Padme their son in return. "There's my little Princess," He gently poked her sides, causing her to giggle softly. "So you see Tarkin, I think these surprises we most certainly worth your time, wouldn't you agree?"

The old man smiled at them. "Absolutely."