Chapter Twenty-Five - Fresh n' Clean

A few hours later, the Skywalker family sat in the master suite preparing for the coronation. Padme stood behind the massive vanity, curling her daughter's natural kinks and waves.

"Momma, if my hair is already curly, why do you have to curl it again?" The seven year old tilted her head back, nearly burning the crown of her head with the curling wand. "Princess, you've gotta sit still!" Padme sighed, dropping another perfect spiral.

"I'm curling your hair so it looks polished and clean."

"But Momma, I already took a bath! My hair's so clean, it smells like wild berries!"

"Really?" Anakin walked over to them. "Let me take a whiff!" He bent down and put his nose to the crook of her neck as she giggle. "You smell so good, I think I might just eat you for a snack!" Taking her up in his arms, he walked over and tossed her on the bed.

"You are so lucky I'm finally finished with her..." Padme just shook her head at them, sitting down at the vanity and beginning to curl her own locks.

Luke exited the fresher then, going over to his mother. "How do I look, Momma?"

She turned her head to look at him, smiling widely when she saw his clothes. He wore a black tunic, slacks and combat boots, matching his father's coronation outfit. His blonde hair was down, it's natural little wave that seemed to make his blue eyes pop. Luke's smirk even matched Anakin's, it was like looking in a mirror...

"You look like a Prince, baby." She sprayed her hair with some setting spray before standing up in front of him. "How does Mommy look?"

She was wearing a navy blue, high-waisted dress that stopped just above her knees; it made her legs look like they went on for miles despite her petite frame. The black wedges on her feet added to the allusion, giving her a subtle elegance with a casual feel too it. Her make up was kept very simple, just matte red lips and a shimmery eye that made her brown gems sparkle.

"You look beautiful, Mommy!" He grinned up at her, launching himself to hug her legs. Anakin walked over to the dresser pulling out two boxes, a long one and a short one.

"Your Mother looks like an Angel, doesn't she?" He came up to her and pulled her into his arms, flipping open the small ring box. "Let's just make sure that everyone knows that Mommy is ours, shall we?"

Padme gasped as she looked at the ring inside. It was a large oval-cut, yellow diamond that rested in the center of two white-gold bands, each band encrusted with smaller white diamonds. She couldn't believe it; the ring was so beautiful and the man she loved was giving it to her. Padme turned around in his arms and kissed his cheek gently, then kissing him on the lips a little firmer.

"It's beautiful..."

"Consider it a late wedding present; you deserve only the best, my Angel." He slipped it on her left hand after sliding off her engagement ring. After another kiss, he turned his attention to his little girl who stood next to her brother.

Her hair was similar to her mother's, down and curled in big, fluffy tresses. She only had a little lip gloss on but that was only because he forbid her from wearing any other makeup until she was older. (The soft nude shade made her eyes pop oddly enough.) Her dress was much more casual than Padme's; it was a white, short-sleve dress that had pink and red roses all over it. The skirt poofed out enough that Leia deemed it 'princess appropriate' and on her feet were some pink flats.

He pulled out the longer jewelry box and handed it to her with a smile. "I would've gotten you jewelry, Luke but I didn't think you would want a necklace or a ring." His son only chuckled, saying jewelry was for girls.

Leia gasped as she saw the necklace inside. "Daddy, it's so pretty!" It was simple, golden heart on a yellow gold chain. On the back of the heart was a small inscription that Leia couldn't make out.

"What does it say on the back?"

Anakin pulled her into his arms and room the necklace out of the box. "It says 'With love from Daddy;' I wanted my princess to have something special just from me." He fastened the necklace around her neck, adjusting her curls after it was secure.

Leia turned around to face him, wrapping her little arms around him. She gave him a peck on the cheek, snuggling into his embrace.

"Thank you, Daddy. I love it..."

"I love you, Princess. Never, ever doubt that..." He stood back up and slipped an arm around Padme's waist.

"Now, who's ready to be crowned?"

Luke gave Leia his arm just like he was told to and followed their parents out of the suite.