Chapter Six - All Dolled Up

After a light breakfast, Vader takes Padme to the lady's parlor where the imperial handmaidens would get her all cleaned up and beautified for the showcase. He left her there about an hour prior with nothing but a kiss on her hand. Now as he goes back to get her, he's speechless as he steps into the parlor.

Padme could hardly believe it was her in the mirror; gone was the slave girl, here stood this gorgeous, young woman.

Her normal brown curls had been straightened into soft, sleek tresses that hung around her sides. A small fishtail laid over her back, the front pieces draping into the braid. Her eyebrows and upper lip had been waxed to perfection, much like everything else that had been waxed smooth.

Instead of a bareface, Padme's skin had a thin layer of powder foundation that had been buffed on to a flawless finish. Light contouring and highlighting made her already prominent cheekbones stand at full attention. Her eye makeup was simple; her brows were filled in, a chimery taupe eyeshadow over her lid, a black cat eye and lots of mascara over her thick, long lashes. Her lips were painted a nude pink, a soft gloss made her pout look extra full.

On her petite frame was a simple dress. It was strapless as well as backless and stopped just beneath her knees. The dress was a bright yellow which had a textured, crochet appearance upon further inspection. The sweetheart neckline gave her bust lift and the sinched in bust accentuated her curves.

Vader walked up behind her, taking his place behind her as she looked into the three-way mirror. "Wow... Are you an angel?"

"What?" She turned to look up at him.

He smiled down at her, placing each of his hands on her shoulders. A sweet, sultry scent faintly clings to her neck, she smells heavenly...

"I once heard some pilots in a cantina talk about them. They're said to be the most beautiful creatures in the galaxy... So once again, are you an angel?"

Padme laughed at him, finding his slightly childish imagination. "No I'm not an angel. I rather prefer the term nervous wreck!"

Now it was Vader's turn to laugh as he found her nervousness quite adorable. "There's no need to be nervous, my dear. I have faith in you and you have the most beautiful voice anyone on this side of Coruscant will ever have the honor of hearing! Are you about ready to go to the audition showcase?"

Padme nearly said she was ready but instead, she gasped while slipping past him. "I just need my shoes!" She grabbed a pair of nude pumps that had little bows on them, a crystal situated on each bow's center.

Vader turned, seeing her slip one shoe on as she struggled with the other. A warm smile tugged at his lips as he walked over to her. "Here," He took Padme's other shoe from her before guiding her over to a padded school next to the cosmetics vanity. "Let me help you..."

He took a knee in front of her, gently holding the shoe with one hand and her ankle with the other. Starting at her toes, Vader slid the shoe on slowly as he gently gripped her ankle.

Now I look and feel much like Cinderella!

Padme held her breath as he finished sliding on her shoe, his hooded blue eyes sparkling as they looked back at her. Vader then stood, taking both of her hands in his own and helping her to her feet.

"Take it easy..."

He gently held her hands, allowing her to get comfortable with her new height as well as adjust her balance to accommodate the high pumps. Padme tried to let go but ended up falling forward.

Luckily, Vader was right in front of her so she only fell into his chest. As she gripped his forearms, he looked down at her. "I've got you..."

Padme tilted her head up, his blue eyes locking with her own. Instinctively and involuntarily, one of her hands reached up and cupped his cheek beneath his hood.

"Thank you..."

"Anything for you, Padme..."

-.-.-.-.-.-

Outside the very same ballroom that the Imperial ball would take place in, Vader and Padme were anxiously waiting for the audition to start. The four other officials decided Vader would not take place in the decision making because he made it pretty obvious that he wanted Padme to be the ball's entertainment.

Prett and Tarkin thought he was infatuated with this stranger.

Rex and Cody were quite sure of it.

The four men were inside discuss the song selection as well as briefing the band and back up singers who were already hired. While Vader was prepping Padme outside, they were deliberating on whether to make her sing one song or three.

"Let's just bring Vader and the girl in and we will let Vader decide, alright boys?" Prett finally just stood up from the table and walked over to the ballroom's double doors. Rex and Cody followed after him while Tarkin sulked after them, completely unenthusiastic about the whole ordeal. The four lined up before opening the double doors, gasping as they set eyes on her.

Padme turned around, her back to Vader as she faced the four of them. Two of them were dressed like imperial officials while the other two men were outfitted with yellow and navy sets of armor. All of them stood in silence.

"Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet the angel I was telling you about..."