Chapter 3: Help to befriend

Author's POV

Sana took a last minute final decision.

And that is...

To just go as she planned, to befriend her.

Sana approached Chaeyoung which the latter immediately noticed.

"Oh, Sana? You're... the one who wanted to meet me up here?" The younger asked in surprise. She definitely didn't expected it to be someone she just happen to meet earlier.

"Yes. I'm sorry for this but I kind of overheard your conversation with that girl named Mina." Chaeyoung lowered her head and sighed.

"So... it's all because of that." Which Sana answered with a nod.

"Yeah. But tell me, what is really the problem between you and your father?" Chaeyoung bit her lip at Sana's question.

"Y-You must've heard it wrong. My father doesn't do anything to me."

"So, what does he do?"

"He... He cries..." Sana gasped in disbelief of Chaeyoung's words. She didn't expect that it would be like that.

"What?"

"He cries and... talk about his debt problems."

"Your father is in debt?"

"My mom... she died last week. My family lost a lot of money. And dad... he took out a loan so that he could pay for my school fees. But..."

"But what?"

"Turns out that he took some loan to shady people who increases 10% of interest rate every 10 days. He was threatened that they would do violent things to my father if he couldn't pay."

"The only way I can earn money is through drawing and painting, but I can barely get enough money to pay for my school fees."

Chaeyoung stopped explaining, looking at ground out of shame. She only met this girl in front of her yet she already told her about her problems when she can't even tell her bestfriend and girlfriend about this.

Meanwhile, Sana just stood there with stone-cold face.

"Ahh, so that's what the problem is. I need to ask Miyeon about these things."

"Can you tell me what is the name of those loan?" Sana asked the younger.

"I think it's called... Oli LOANdons?" Chaeyoung stated, not sure about her answers.

(A/N: yes, ppl, I added him in this story as an antagonist because I freaking hate that guy 🙃)

Sana nodded before saying. "I'm going to get your father out of debt." Chaeyoung widened her eyes.

"What?! You do know that it's dangerous?! I don't want you to get involved with our mistake!"

"Don't worry, I'm all prepared." Behind that stoic face of hers, Chaeyoung could feel Sana's determination behind it.

The younger sighed once more before agreeing. "If you say so... But, don't say I didn't warn you." Then she left Sana alone.

The older smirked once Chaeyoung left her. She immediately dialed a number from her contacts. She waited for it to be answered by the other but it just ended.

"That Miyeon... what could she be doing right now?"

She was about to call her again when suddenly, the one she wanted to contact had called her instead.

"Allami ullyeodae Ring ring a ling~"

"I really need to change my ringtone, it's too hyper."