Prologue: Darkness meets Light

It was a fine morning, but not for Sana.

She's running as if her life depends on it. She accidentally set her alarm clock to 9:00am instead of 8:00am.

Although she's now being scolded by the student council members who's patrolling the hallway, she continued to run. Accidentally bumping with a certain student.

Sana's back collided with the floor. But after remembering that the person she bumped into had dropped her things because of that collision, she immediately stood up and swiftly pick up her things before approaching the student as she held her hand in front of that person.

"I-I'm so sorry! Are you o-okay?" Sana sincerely apologized to the student, whom she recognized as a female because of her uniform.

But as soon as she looked up to Sana, the latter felt her heart race.

She's indeed a beautiful young maiden. Looks so innocent and fragile. And that white skin of hers is glowing like how Sana's eyes sparkle by seeing a real-life angel.

"No, it's okay! Thanks for the help." She accepted Sana's offer to help her stood up and gosh that skin was the most softest thing she had ever held.

"I'm really sorry for bumping into you. Why are you running anyways? Aren't that prohibited at school especially in the hallways?" That's when Sana came back to reality.

"I was, uhm, late for class. But I guess that doesn't matter now..." Sana smiled but Dahyun gave her words more attention.

"You're late for class? Oh God, I'm so sorry for the intrusion!" Dahyun bowed while sincerely apologizing.

Sana immediately denies it. "Oh wait, don't apologize! It's my fault, I'm sorry."

"Oh, okay. But you should head back to your class now. See you around!" Dahyun waved and run past her.

"Bye."

Sana swears that Dahyun immediately became her favorite person. Not only she's kind but very cheerful too. That really catched Sana's interest.

She was about to wave back until she saw a girl with light-brown hair and bangs scolding Dahyun in front of her.

That made Sana's vision darkened and her blood boiled.

"Nobody shall shout to an angel like her!" Sana thought in rage.

"You're late, Dahyun! How many times do I have to tell you to stop reading books at the library? It's like, a 20 minute walk from our classroom!" The girl with bangs shouted at Sana's new crush, whom she now know as Dahyun.

"Sorry, Momo! I was into reading then when I got back I bumped into someone." Dahyun tried to explain to the other student named Momo.

Momo clicked her tongue in fake annoyance, according to Sana's ears. "Tch. Okay fine, I accept your apology. But you better eat with me at lunch, okay?"

"She's demanding. And I hate it." Sana thought while dangerously glaring at Momo. "She's faking it, obviously. Just to gain Dahyun's attention."

Sana can't watch any longer and decided to go to her class.

---

After classes had been dismissed, she recieved a text message from her bestfriend, Miyeon.

"I saw you earlier at the hallway. You finally took a liking on someone, huh?"

Sana replied immediately replied with:

"Yeah. So?"

Miyeon: "I will help you with her."

Sana raised a brow but ended up accepting the offer.

"Sure. But no exchanges." Was Sana's reply.

"Oh it's free real estate. Especially since this is the first time I saw you look so happy."

Sana smirked and turns off her phone before looking at the side where Momo and Dahyun are.

"Ugh, finally! I've been waiting here for ages!" Momo, again, yelled at her for no reason. She's just here for like 5 minutes.

"Sorry! Our teacher dismissed us late. I didn't mean to make you wait." Dahyun sincerely apologized. Sana smiled at this because she's so kind.

Momo on the other hand just makes her want to strangle the former with a rope.

"Hmph! Fine! Let's go already!

"So annoying..."

Sana glared at their direction for a few moments before finally walking away. Thinking on how to get rid of that pest called Momo.