Chapter 26: Truth

JYP recieved the photo that Hanbin sent to him. But it's surprising that the president still hasn't came back to report the killer to him when technically, the one he sent was a clear face of the murderer stabbing someone of the throat.

It's already 6pm when the policemen arrived, where all of the students are already at home.

JYP told them to investigate the whole school and see if they find anything that could lead them to the doings of the murderer.

The policemen oblige his comman and began exploring the whole school.

They saw the incinerator area and decided to check it with their flashlights. There's nothing in there but pure darkness.

Until, one of the policemen found something on the ground.

"There's a bloody hand on the ground!"

They wore their mask and gloves and began to get closer to the bloody hand.

One of them got a scanner while the other one picked up the hand and placed it's thumb on the scanner.

The scanner identified it as Kim Hanbin's hand...

---

"This is for being a huge obstacle on my way!" Sana cutted the president's hand, which took the picture of her killing the other StuCo members earlier

She then rest of his body on the incinerator also and began to burn the StuCo member's body together.

Leaving the spare hand on the ground...

---

"But the headmaster told us that he sent the photo of the murderer, didn't he?" One of the policemen stated.

"Look over here!" Another one called and pointed a broken phone outside the incinerator area.

"Do you think he got to send the message before the murderer send it to the headmaster?"

"I think."

"Let's get these evidences that we got and go back to the headmaster's office."

---

While the policemen investigates the whole school, JYP looked at all of the student's profile on his laptop and began searching for the one who looked like the murderer.

"She's not in the first years... not in the 2nd years either..."

Then, once he got to the 3rd years with the surname M, he found the exact look alike of the one on the picture.

JYP's eyes widened in shock.

"I can't believe she would do such thing..."

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

It was the policemen. They entered the office with the objects they found, sealed on a plastic ziplock bag.

"We saw a cutted hand on the incinerator area along with a broken phone." One of them reported.

"We scanned the thumb and turns out it was Kim Hanbin's."

"And also, a broken phone. Which we think belongs to him."

"Does that mean... he was killed after he sent the picture?" JYP asked them. His head is beginning to spin around because of these sudden and unexpected informations he's gotten.

"We think so too."

"Very well. Thank you for your help. But I also need you all tomorrow at this academy at 8am in the morning."

"We'll do take note, sir."

"Thank you."

The policemen nodded and left the headmaster's office.

---

Little did he knew, Miyeon is just looking and listening at their conversation through her computer with the help of the CCTV camera and speaker she set up back before Sana became obsessed with Dahyun.

Her eyes widened in horror once she heard that Sana was now busted.

"No... I can't let this happen!"

---

The next day, the police came to school, leaving the students in pure confusion.

They were called by the principal to go to the gym as the chairman wants to announce something important.

"Thank you, everyone, for gathering inside this gymnasium at this time. I would get to the point here and now. We've finally discovered the real identity of the murderer in the Academy."

Everyone gasped. Some of them began to panic at the information, thinking that they might be killed once the killer decided to show themselves.

"It turns out it was a student all along. A student that we never did once suspected to do such thing. Everyone, avoid this 3rd grader student at once."

JYP used this finger to point the person he's talking about. Everyone's eyes widened in surprise.

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Mina, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were all shocked at the news. All this time, they were friends with a murderer.

But the one among them is the very surprised one is Dahyun.

The same person who cared for her.

The same person who's always by her side.

The same person that comforts her everytime she's sad.

The same person who makes her happy whenever she's around.

The same person who taught her how to love someone other than her parents.

Is the one responsible for all of these crimes...

Dahyun doesn't want to believe anything she's hearing. But the evidences that the headmaster showed them is more than enough confirmation.

From afar, Eunha's face is full of anger.

"That stupid, perverted, old man. That headmaster! Everything was going well for Sana-unnie but he just had to ruin everything!"

She clenched her fist. She looked at the class beside her. Her eyes landed on the one she hated the most.

"This wouldn't have happened if she didn't met Kim Dahyun! This is all her fault! If only she didn't met her, Sana-unnie would've fell in love with me instead! Then she wouldn't bother committing all of these crimes just for her!"

Eunha left the gymnasium to go to the cooking club's clubroom. She took out a knife and hid it inside her blazer's sleeve.

But you can't deny that everything JYP said is true... Sana's the least person to be suspected to be the killer in the Academy.

She seemed to be quiet most of the time. She's loved by everyone not just because of her looks but also her helpful side. She doesn't judge anyone as Eunha said before.

But now, all of their thoughts about her began to change...

"Minatozaki Sana, you are under arrest!"

***

This chapter is close to it's ending btw