Chapter 14: That one touchy friend; Im Nayeon

As usual, Dahyun and Sana walked together to their home. They don't take the bus as they love talking to each other more. But the younger seemed to be quiet through the whole walk to her home.

Once she got to her bedroom, she quickly changed her clothes and flopped down to the bed.

She tried to sleep yet no matter how tossing and turning she does on the bed, she can't sleep a wink.

"It's because you love someone else, don't you?"
"Am I really in love? Is that why I declined his confession?" Dahyun stared at the ceiling.

"No, that can't be it. If I were to be in love though, then to whom?"

Like earlier, she saw Sana's adorable smiling face but now it's inside the younger's head.

Her heart began to race with the thought of Sana so she immediately covered herself with her blanket.

"Is it Sana-unnie? No.. We've only met for a few weeks..."

Then, a flashback of her asking for permission to her unnie on joining the club.

Now that she think about it, wouldn't Sana be weirded out if she asked for her permission?

"I think Sana-unnie just knows what's the best for me. It's no big deal... right?"

All of her denies tired the hell out of her and made her close her eyes and get her to dreamland.

The Next Day

Dahyun and Sana walked togetger to school as usual, but Dahyun went straight ahead to the MusArts clubroom.

Fortunately for her, JB acted as usual, as if no confession happened yesterday.

Everything seemed to be normal until...

"YAH!" Dahyun heard her bestfriend yelled from the other side of their clubroom's wall. The one where Artist members work.

"Come on! You're still not used to it?" Another girl questioned to Chaeyoung.

"It's embarrassing, you know?! Besides, what the heck are you doing at the Arts section?! You're supposed to be at the Music ones!"

Dahyun got up to see what's going on. Chaeyoung was painting while someone hugs her from behind.

"This is just my habit, okay? Now get used to it." The older laughed as she hugged the younger from behind. The latter just rolled her eyes at her.

Dahyun was about to leave quietly but the one who's hugging her bestfriend earlier caught her sight.

"Oh, you're the new one, aren't you?" The pale girl could only nod.

"I see! Come here." Dahyun gulped and approached her senior who tackled her to a hug as soon as she got close enough.

But what she didn't expected was-

"YAH!" She shouted the same thing as Chaeyoung earlier.

"Oh wow! You have such a soft skin. I love it!"

To someone, this might be normal to read. You would thought that she just touched her arm right? Wrong.

The skin she touched was... Dahyun's bum.

"Nayeon-unnie! You're going to make her uncomfortable!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

Nayeon didn't listen and continued to hug the pale skinned girl. She stopped groping her, though.

"Nayeon! We need to start practicing our song now!" Their leader, JB, shouted from the other side. Much to the younger ones' relief.

"Okay!" She lets go of Dahyun before going to the Music section.

Chaeyoung placed down her pallet and paintbrush before putting a hand on Dahyun's shoulder.

"Sorry about her. She's just so desperate for love and affection that's why she's like that."

"Desperate?"

"Yeah. She's getting too old yet she still hasn't got a partner. And because of that, I became her target. But I assure you, she just treats everyone like a friend." Chaeyoung sighed.

"Ah, I see..."

"But if you do find someone suitable for her, let me know. For now, goodluck Dahyun. I think you're her target."

---

Lunch Time

"Someone from your club is in desperate for love?" Sana asked Dahyun before taking a bite of her omelette.

"Yes. And now I became her target, as Chaeyoung says." The older paused and stopped herself from eating another piece.

She closed her bento lunchbox before leaving Dahyun alone.

Dahyun wanted to talk and chase her but her body seemed as if it's been paralyzed.

"Did I say something wrong..?" She questioned herself while looking at her unfinished lunch.

---

Sana didn't know what was going on in her mind. Before, she would just be calm about it and think of a plan on how to get rid of her "rivals".

Yet, here she is. Leaving Dahyun alone to overthink again.

"I'm so stupid..."

"You're not the Sana I knew from before." Sana found herself at the back of the school while a so familiar voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Miyeon... What the hell are you doing here now?"

"I heard your conversation with the pale one. I think this is the first time you've ever shown your jealousy towards others to Dahyun."

Sana flinched at her words.

"She's right..."

"So what?" Sana tried to act.

"You won't get me with that 'I don't care' attitude, Sana. Want me to help you up?"

"No. I want to figure this out on my own."

With that, Sana left Miyeon in total shock.

"You've changed.."

---

Short update, I'll try to update later or tonight. Hope you can all wait patiently :)