Chapter 23: Accused and obsession

"Can I speak to Kim Dahyun, please?" Hanbin excused once he opened the class 1-A's classroom door.

"First Eunwo-sunbaenim, next is Mr. Kai, and now the president?! What the heck does she have that I don't?!"

"A loud mouth." Dahyun sighed before exiting their classroom and following Hanbin towards the StuCo room.

"I called you here for confirmation. I'm going to be straightforward. What's your connection with every people that's killed in the Academy?"

Dahyun's eyes widened. "Is he accusing me?"

"I don't have any other connection with them other than theater partner and student." Hanbin nodded at the younger's answer.

"I see. Sorry for calling you out so suddenly. I just wanted to make sure because to be honest, this school isn't safe anymore."

"It's okay." Hanbin nodded before dismissing Dahyun. He walked her on her classroom again.

The other members of StuCo heard their conversation and began talking about it.

"Why is he making this more difficult? We could just accuse anyone and they think they'll be in peace." A member of StuCo stated with a hint of annoyance.

"Don't talk like that, Jinhwan. We're doing this not only for the school but for everyone's safety. As a student council member you need to understand that."

"I know, Song. But what I wanted to say is that he could've just make it easier than investigating slowly. He already said that the murderer is smart. So they might know several ways to hide their identity." Jinhwan said while crossing his arms.

"You're more stubborn than B.I, but in a bad way. Just stop, Jinhwan. What president says is what we oblige."

"Tch."

---

Eunha heard everything they said, even earlier when B.I and Dahyun were talking.

"I now know how to get rid of Dahyun... Just you wait. Sana-unnie will be mine at last..."

---

"The president called you earlier?" Chaeyoung asked her bestfriend, Dahyun.

Dahyun, Sana, Chaeyoung, and Mina are the ones hanging out with each other right now at lunch time since they rarely get to hang out with each other. Mina and Sana barely even know each other.

But if there's one thing they have in common, it's being silent and serious.

"Yeah. He just wanted to confirm that I had nothing to do with the crimes that happened in this school. But I think he still has his suspicions." Dahyun sighed while eating the omelette Sana offered to her.

"Thank you, unnie."

"You're welcome. But really, just relax. It's not like you're guilty or anything. You don't have to be so stressed about it." Sana told her. Because she knew too well who's the real murderer is.

"Sana-unnie's right, Dahyun-ah. You would get more suspicious to the president if you became stressed out for something that you didn't do." Mina stated while taking a bite of her tamagoyaki with ketchup. Funny how Sana and Mina has the same lunch.

"You two are right. But still, I'm wondering as well. Why do people that get closed to me are being killed?" Sana became silent at Dahyun's words

"I needed to be more careful now. I cannot let Dahyun be accused for murder when it's technically my fault why these kind of things are happening."

Sana's phone beeped, indicating that she has a new message. She opened her phone and found a text message from Miyeon.

She didn't reply back but she took a mental note of the message

---

Like promised, Sana excused herself from Dahyun that she can't go home with her because she needed to do something after school. The younger looked sad because of this but she said that it's okay.

It's not like Dahyun wanted to prevent Sana from going so that she could fill up her selfish needs like warmth and comfort from the older.

Sana apologized to her before going to the bus stop to ride towards Miyeon's home.

---

"This better be important. I decided not to walk home with Dahyun, which I really prefer to do, just for this." Sana crossed her arms while looking at Miyeon coldly.

What she didn't expected is the anger on Miyeon's voice. "Eunha..."

"Who?"

"Do you remember, Sana? That girl you helped from the bully who wanted to take her lunch from her?"

"Yeah. So her name is Eunha..."

"Sana. Be careful around her."

"Huh? What are you talking about-"

"JUST DO AS I SAY!" Miyeon yelled while putting her hands on Sana's shoulder. "She's not the Eunha you knew from before. She's dangerous. So please... Be careful..."

"I still don't get why should I but I promise to be careful."

"Thank you..." Miyeon hugged Sana while sobbing. The older became soft at her crying bestfriend so she hugged her back to comfort her.

Sana doesn't know what's going on but if Miyeon cries like this, there's definitely a big and serious problem.

Miyeon thought about things from these past few days. She figured out that Sana is still a person who's free to make decisions on her own, so she wouldn't need Miyeon's help all the time.

She accepted the truth. And now, all she wanted to do now is to get Eunha away from Sana. That girl might be more dangerous that Sana herself. And she doesn't even need any help from anyone at all.

"If I can't have Sana, then I definitely can't let Eunha have her either..."

***