Chapter 16: A new love blooms

Just a little note:

"This is what looks like when Sana's talking to the earpiece from her headset"

---

Jeongyeon asked Nayeon out yesterday at 3pm because the weather is nice in Korea in that time.

And coincidentally, they both had the same style.

(A/N: Their clothes are the one on the media because my lazyass self doesn't want to explain it in full detail)

Jeongyeon had the tiny earpiece on her left ear. This is where Sana's advice would come from.

"So, when she arrive, be a gentlewoman to her. Compliment her outfit and give her the squirtle plushie after. Got it?" Sana spoke through the headset. Chaeyoung just nodded in agreement.

"Got it." Although she's feeling nervous, Jeongyeon took a deep breath and patiently waited for her "date" to arrive.

After 5 minutes, she finally arrived. Jeongyeon could only gasped at how their clothes are similar. This isn't planned at all so she's just surprised.

"Okay, Yoo... Compliment and give the plushie."

"Y-You look like... uhm... the weather today." Sana slapped her forehead, hard. Out of the nervousness that the sports club leader was feeling, she messed up her words.

"I'm what..?" Nayeon was confused but she smiled at how adorable she is.

"L-Like the weather... y-you... look n-nice."

"Oh... How smooth." Sana smirked after listening to the older's words.

"Oh wow, I thought that she's going to screw up but I guess we just became worried for nothing." Chaeyoung stated, feeling so proud at her unnie.

"You caught me off guard there! But thank you!"

"Now, give her the plushie." Sana spoke which Jeongyeon heard from her earpiece.

"And h-here. A gift for you." The short-haired girl did as she was told.

"A squirtle plushie! How did you know I love these? You're so sweet!" Nayeon hugged the plushie tightly with a wide smile on her face.

Jeongyeon didn't know how to answer so she just looked at the bushes where Sana and Chaeyoung were hiding.

"Tell her that squirtle looked like her."

"Because you look like squirtle. Y-You're both cute..." Jeongyeon sratched her nape out of shyness.

"What a girl! I didn't even told her that. I'm now wondering if she still needs my help or something."

"You took a notice of it?! Wow! You're the best!" Nayeon hugged the short-haired girl that made the latter blush bright red.

"Ask her if she wanted something to eat."

"Do you, maybe... want to eat something?"

"Oh sure! But I just had lunch half an hour ago."

"Suggest her that you two should buy ice cream instead."

"How about an ice cream instead?"

"That would be nice!" Nayeon clinged to Jeongyeon's arm as they walked together.

Sana and Chaeyoung were impressed. If this was the Jeongyeon they knew, she would've ran away and avoid Nayeon a few seconds ago.

Once they all got into the ice cream shop, they both ordered strawberry flavored ice cream.

Chaeyoung also ordered a mint chocolate chip one without getting caught by the two older girls with Sana's help. The Japanese didn't ordered anything as she wants to keep a good eye on 2yeon.

"You love everything here?" Nayeon initiated a conversation while eating her ice cream slowly.

"Yeah, I'm not really that picky when it comes to ice cream."

Snaa looked at them in awe. Jeongyeon is definitely getting more comfortable with Nayeon as time goes by. She guessed that she isn't needed anymore.

Then...

"AH!!! THERE'S A BUG UNDER THE TABLE!" Chaeyoung exclaimed loudly that caused people to look at her, along with Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

"Sana? Chaeyoung? What are you two doing here?" The eldest of them questioned.

"I-I... we were..." Chaeyoung started to make up an excuse but no words wanted to come out from her mouth.

"Jeongyeon? What's going on?" The said girl didn't spoke a word. Instead, she took off the earpiece from her ear and gave it to Sana.

"Thank you for the help. But now, I wanted to handle this alone." Sana understood and nodded. She trusted Jeongyeon now that she saw how the short-haired girl handled everything smoothly.

Jeongyeon told Nayeon that they should take the talk outside. Which the latter agreed.

"I-I'm sorry for ruining it, unnie..." Chaeyoung apologized.

She smiled at her. "Don't worry. I'm actually thankful because you gave Jeongyeon the courage that she needed."

---

"This was planned?" Nayeon immediately questioned after Jeongyeon explained everything to her.

"Yes. I'm really sorry..."

"But why..?"

"Because I like you, Nayeon." Jeongyeon didn't even bother denying anything towards Nayeon. She knew that everything Sana and Chaeyoung planned for her would be a waste if she wouldn't tell her now.

"Y-You do?"

"I do. I really do. So I hope you could forgive me for not saying this-" Nayeon immediately tackled her into a hug.

"You have no idea how grateful I am. Thank you, Jeongyeon. And I think, I'm starting to like you too."

"I'm glad..."

The both hugged each other for a while and enjoyed their little moment together.

Sana on the other hand, can't help but feel jealous at their new relationship.

Jeongyeon found the courage to confess but here she is, she's still waiting for an obvious sign that Dahyun likes her as much as she does.

"Just simple words like "I like you" yet I can't say it to the one I love the most..."

***