Didn't Mean To - SR

I sat on the benches reading my book, enjoying the peace. Shattered in a matter of minutes.

"Gimme that you dickhead !" I glance at Brady and shake my head in disappointment as I see him tower over a student, snatching his lunch money from him. I quickly stride towards them and stand between both of them, I raise my hand and grab the money handing it over to the boy. He nods slightly and walks away.

"What the hell is your problem Rogers ?" Brady snarls coming awfully close. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Clearly, you" I say and at this point people have started gathering around us.

"Jesus what are you 12 ?" he says and his posse laughs at his dumb joke.

"Yeah, on a scale from 1-10 I'm definitely a 12" I snap back and a round of 'oohs' go through the gym. 

I turn on my heel and start to walk away.

"Oh is Daddy's little girl scared ? Is she going to hide behind her daddy and cry ?" he says

I clench my jaw as I ball my fists so hard that my knuckles turn white. I turn around, glaring at Brady. I walk close to him and without a warning punch him in the jaw. A chorus of excited cheers run in the crowd. He steadies himself.

"Oh so you wanna play this way ?" he says and punches me square in the face. I feel a metallic taste in my mouth.

"You're gonna pay for ruining my face" I say pushing him on the floor. He grabs my arm and flips me over, kicking my ribs. I groan as I feel pain surge through my body. He hovers over me and I punch him. He tries to strangle me while I keep hitting him in the face.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE ?!" the gym teacher comes screaming. He pulls us apart and sends us to the principal's office. We glare daggers at each other while walking to the principal's office.

"This is the second time this week Mr. Raine and Ms. Rogers" Mr. Coreman says sighing. I look down, knowing what's about to come.

We were sat outside in the waiting room, an ice-pack held on my eye and a few bandages littered on my face. My one hand was over my side, where he kicked me. The glass doors open revealing dad and Uncle Tony, and Brady's parents behind them.

I've never been so intimidated by dad ever in my life, until he gave me the 'disappointed eyebrows'. That's when I knew shit was going down when we get back.

All of them go inside and talk for a few minutes. Dad comes out sighing loudly.

"Both of you're suspended for a week" he speaks up and grabs my bag and walks out. I shake my head, tears stinging my eyes.

"This is the second time this week Y/N" he says as soon as we sit in the car. 

"But I-"

"No 'ifs' or 'buts' this time Y/N, this is not how I raised you. You're grounded for a month" he says and my jaw drops.

"But listen to me at least !" I say raising my voice a little.

"DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME Y/N !" he yells as a stray tear rolls down my cheek, I sniffle and look out the window.

As soon as we reach home, I run upto our floor and slam my door shut, crying into my pillow.

.

.

"Steve at least listen to her" Tony says in accordance to the argument that took place in his car.

"This is the second time Tony, like she hasn't even recovered from the previous one and now she probably has a broken rib" Steve says sighing frustrated.

"Steve we all know she wouldn't just start a fight without a reason, she's your daughter" he says

"Fine, I'll go talk to her" he says

"Good" Tony says walking to his lab.

As Steve reaches Y/N's room, he could hear her muffled sobs. He felt a little bad for not listening to her point of view and yelling at her.

"Y/N ?" he asks knocking on the door.

"What do you want ? Go away" she says shakily,

"Sweetheart please, let me talk" he says placing his hand on the door. A few moments later the door's locks click open and Steve steps in. He sits beside her, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm all ears, tell me what happened ?" he whispers

"Brady was bullying a student for lunch money, I just went in and helped the guy out. Then he started disrespecting me, saying I hide behind you because I'm scared and I know I made the first punch and it was wrong" she says sighing and hugging Steve close.

"But please don't stop talking to me" she whispers tears pooling in her eyes. Steve wipes her tears and places a gentle kiss on her temple.

"Honey, I'm mad, yes but I'm also proud of you for standing up for yourself and the person in need. Just try and sort stuff out without fighting next time" he says and she nods.

"And I can never go without talking to you, you know that very well" he says.

Y/N smiles and holds Steve's hand tightly, slowly drifting off to sleep.

"So am I ungrounded now ?"

"Oh no, you're still grounded"