Chapter 6

Kalin's POV
I checked my watch and saw that it was 7:00. I fixed my white bow tie and straightened out my black suit jacket. I made sure the Italian shoes I had borrowed from Myles' earlier were laced up. I walked out of the car and to the door of the address Jay had texted me. I knocked on the door. Soon the girl I saw Myles all up on at the party opened the door.
"Can I help you Kalin," she said with an attitude.
"I'm here for Jay," I said scratching my head.
"Jay! Kalin's here," she shouted then motioned for me to come in.

She shut the door and I sat down on the couch. I soon heard her come down the stairs and I stopped breathing when I saw her. Her curly hair was straightened but half was up and the other half was down. She had on a short white lace dress that showed off every single curve in her body. She paired it with black heals, a black clutch, diamond studs and a diamond necklace. She wore only mascara and lipgloss on her face.

"Dam Kalin you fucked up with the wrong one," I muttered to myself.
I stood up and walked over to her.
"You look stunning," I said still admiring her.
"Come on let's get this over with," she said walking past me.

*later that night*

I had taken her to my favorite resturant which was also hers, Olive Garden. I thought the whole dinner would be miserable but I actually had fun. She put her guard down and actually let me talk to her. We pulled up in front of her house and I shut the engine off.

"So uh since we're back earlier than expected lets play 20 questions," I said.
"Sure," she said looking out the window.

We began asking each other questions and I soon learned alot. She's an only child but the girl that opened the door earlier, Justina was a sister to her. She was the star of her high school basketball team and got a scholarship to a lot of great schools but decided not to go. Her favorite color is purple and her birthday is August 24th. She enjoys photography and dances on the low to release her stress. She finally put her guard down to me and smiled. I even got a laugh or two out of her from my responses.

"Final question K. Make it good," she said showing her Colgate smile.

"Why'd you move to the Bay Area," I asked and her smile faded.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I said instantly regretting that I asked.
"No it's fine. I was in an abusive relationship with my ex boyfriend. We dated for 2 and 1/2 years and we were living together and considering marriage. Soon he began to stay at work longer and longer. Then one day I went to his job because he had forgot his personal phone at home and I saw him and his boss having sex in his office. I was so heartbroken because I was so in love with him. I couldn't stand being in the same room as him so I tried to get away but then he began to hit me. He threatened to kill me if I ran away. I couldn't take it anymore, I used to be in the hospital every week and I'd have to come up with some lame excuse for the broken ribs or fractured wrist. So I moved across the U.S. when he was on a business trip to get away from him and start over again," she said with a small smile.

I instantly felt bad for the way I treated her. It must've hurt her so badly since she thought she could get away from it and I wasn't helping.

Jay's POV
Kalin caught me off guard with that question but I figured that if I opened up he would too and wouldn't insult me anymore. After I told him why I left he was silent. He's probably laughing at me on the inside. I knew it was a bad idea to tell him. I grabbed my clutch and opened the door as tears began to stream down my face. I slammed it and walked to my front door. I heard another door slam and footsteps racing to catch up to me.

"Jay...." he tried to explain.
"What Kalin. Go ahead and say how stupid I was for falling in love with him," I screamed at him.
"No I was going to say sorry for freezing up back there. I was thinking about how bad I had treated you in the past." His voice softened as he moved closer.

He cupped my face with his one good hand and looked at me with his enchanting green eyes. He leaned in and so did I. Our lips touched and I felt as if a giant bomb had gone off. His soft lips moved in sync with mine. I pulled away and felt my cheeks heat. Before I could say anything the front door opened to reveal Myles' and Stina.
"Oh am I interrupting something," Myles said shocked at how close we were.
"No. I was just leaving, Goodnight Jay," Kalin said in his usual harsh tone and began walking back to his car.

Myles looked at me with a questioning look but I brushed it off. I walked inside and up to my room. I shut and locked the door and sat on the balcony.
Kalin White was one confusing human being but a hell of a kisser.
///////////////////////////////////
Hey guys. THANK YOU FOR 900 READS IN 5 CHAPTERS. YOU GUYS ARE REAL ONES. I'm going to be busy the rest of the week so I might update once more then not till the weekend. The dedication tour official started yesterday and I'm so excited even though I'm probably not going to be able to go to the show. There was a fight yesterday after the show and honestly that was so immature of the girls. The boys worked so hard to get where they are and you can't even appreciate that. Shoutout to my best friend parrishproperty who's gonna get me a video from Kalin when she meets me even though I tell her she doesn't. If you guys are going to any shows be safe, stay hydrated and turn up for me🙏. Please comment, vote and share with your friends. Your comments are much appreciated K bye. Love you guys.
-J