Chapter 25

*PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END*
Jay's POV
I woke up at 11:30. I rolled over and saw Kalin sitting on his phone with his back facing me. I moved to give him a good morning kiss but the events from last nights replayed through my head. I moved away and cleared my throat.

He turned and faced me.
"Good morning," he said.
"Is anyone else up," I said smiling at him.

He shook his head no and left the room. I sighed and walked towards the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and studied my image. What did he see in me anyways? I'm so crusty and ugly. I just wish things weren't so awkward between us. I know I told him that we would never happen but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. It's killing me not being able to keep a conversation with him.

I pulled myself together and hopped in the shower. I got out and put on some black high waisted jeans, a red and black flannel with a white tank top underneath with my all white roshe runs. I flat ironed my hair and put it in a high ponytail.

I walked into the living room where Kalin, Myles and Jake were lazily watching TV. They looked up at me as I stood by the door.

"I'm going to see what team won then I'm going shopping. You guys tagging along or what," I asked.

The nodded and followed me downstairs. We reached the lobby and I ran ahead of the boys to see the name.

The Warriors have made it to the next round.

I jumped up in excitement and waited for the boys to catch up. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Kalin I told you we're never going be a thing," I said annoyed.
"Great so that means I can have you all to myself," the voice behind me said.

It was Nate.

I pushed him away as the boys rushed to my rescue. Kalin stood in between Nate and I.

"Nate back off," he said through his teeth.
"Kalin chill out. I was just trying to talk to the lady and since according to her yall aren't a thing anymore," he said smirking.

He looked at me hurt and pain but quickly masked it with his anger.
"Look Nate. Back away from Jay. Whether she's my girl or not she's still a key member for my dance team and I don't need you messing with her head. Got it," Kalin said pinning him against the wall.

He nodded his head furiously and scurried away. I went up to Kalin and hugged him. He looked at me confused by my actions but soon gave into my hug.

"Thank you," I whispered into his chest.
"Now let's go shopping!" I sang

Kalin's POV
I thought shopping with Jay was going to be miserable but that run-in with Nate made things all better. It feels like everything was before I fell for her.

We're now in Forever 21 and she wants me to pick out clothes for her to try on. Myles and Jake were at the Vans store next door getting some new vans. Of course I'm only going to pick the clothes that show off her ass.

"What do you think," she said modeling a tight black dress that showed off all her curves and made her ass gigantic.

I was at lost of words. She was just so beautiful. I just wanted to pull her onto my lap and fuck her right here. Gosh Kalin your hormones are all over the place chill TF out.

"You okay," she asked sitting on my lap.
"Uh yea I just-"
"JADA IS THAT YOU," I heard a voice call from across the room.

I looked up and saw a lightskin boy that looked around our age(picture above)
"LUCAS," she screamed and ran towards him.
She jumped on him and buried her head in his chest.

"I thought I would never see you again," he said.
She wiped away his tears and stood up.
"Hi I'm Lucas. I went to highschool with Jay. We were there typical best friends that were in love," he said smiling down at her.

I didn't like this Lucas kid. If he thought he could just swoop down and get my girl, he was surely mistaken. I know deep down inside Jay still has feelings for me and I'm not going to allow him to destroy them.

But then it hit me. I have no chance with Jay ever again. I ruined my chances myself by being a thot. I shouldn't be the reason why she can't move on and be happy. She should be able to go on a date and not think about me and my feelings.

"I'm Kalin," I said shaking his hand, "I am one of the leaders of the dance crew Jay is in, The Warriors. We are actually here for the competition America's Best Dance Crew."

"That's so cool. Hey do you mind if I take Jay out tonight to catch up? It's been a couple years," he asked me.
"Sure go ahead," I said putting on a fake smile.
"Great. Jay text me the name of your hotel and your room number. I'll pick you up at 8," he said kissing her cheek.

She looked at me for a response but I remained unfazed.

Jay's POV
I'm shocked he didn't even try and stop me from going on a date with Lucas. I thought he would tell him to back off. Maybe he's already moved on himself and already forgot about me. I bought the black dress and we headed home.

Before we walked into our room Kalin pulled me aside.

"I know we both have feelings for each other still but I know we'll probably never happen. So I don't want myself to prevent you from going out on a date. So have fun tonight. Lucas seems like a great guy. You deserve someone like him and not a player/thot like me. I love you and I just want the best for you," he said forcing a smile.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed his cheek.
"I will always love you Kalin," I said and walked in the room with him trailing behind.

I got myself ready for tonight. I put on the black dress and paired it with my nude heels, black cloth and black accessories. I curled my hair and did a smokey eye. I walked into the room where the boys were sitting.

"How do I look," I asked.
"Beautifully Gorgeous with a side of Crustyness," Kalin said causing us all to laugh.
"Where are you going sis," Myles asked.

"I have a date tonight," I said and there was a knock at the door, "and here he is."

I opened the door to reveal a well cleaned up Lucas. He looked handsome in his blazer and khakis. He snaked his arms around my waist and abruptly pulled me to his side.
"Hey Kalin I promise I have her back by midnight," he said smoothly.

He interlaced our fingers and led us out into the hallway. I took one last glance at the guys. I saw Myles and Jake consoling a distraught Kalin. He kept repeating the same sentence but I couldn't hear what he said. I read his lips instead.

"Why did I said yes, that should be me not Lucas"
///////////////////////////////////
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this super super long chapter. I'm sorry to say but I won't be updating again until June 12th. I have finals coming up and graduation and I'm under so much stress that I can worry about this. But after June 12th I'm all yours fellow readers. Thank you so much for 11.1k it means so much to me to know that so many people have read my book. Please keep commenting, sharing with your friends and voting. Also my contest for this book is still on until June 1st. There's one cover that's winning so far but I won't say who it is. Its not too late for submissions so you can dm them to me on my twitter. Love you guys so much. Stay hyphy. K bye.
-J