Chapter 23

Myles' POV
It's been 24 hours since we last heard from Jay. I gathered the team in our living room for a meeting.
"Okay so as you can see Jay isn't here. We actually don't know where she is but don't freak out she used to live here so she knows the city. I spoke to the producers of America's Best Dance Crew and they agreed to allow us to perform without her. So let's put our all in this performance for her," I said.

Everyone nodded and headed to the practice room. Before I went down I went to Kalin's room. He was laying on the bed with his back facing me, flipping through all the photos of him and Jay.

"Kalin," I whispered and he turned around.

His eyes were bloodshot red and his cheeks were stained with tears. One thing I didn't notice before was the blunt in his hand. He took a puff and exhaled the toxics into my face.

"What Myles," he said annoyed.
"I just wanted to tell you that the crew and I are going downstairs to practice are you coming," I said.
"Myles does it look like I'm fucking stable enough to go downstairs and practice," he said taking another hit.
"No. And Stina is flying over here, her flight should be landing now. She says she knows a place that Jay could be."

It's like he came out of the disoriented phase he was in. He looked at me with alert eyes.
"Please find her Myles I feel so empty without her," he croaked.
I walked over to him and embraced him as he broke down in my arms. This was a side of Kalin I have never seen and never want to see again.

*later that day*
My phone buzzed and I saw that Stina's flight had landed. I hopped out the car and grabbed the flowers and sign in the passenger seat. I walked over to the terminal and stood in front of the escalator. I held up the sign that read The Girl Who Stole My Heart.
This girl with blonde hair tried to come to me but I shook my head and laughed. Then Stina came down the stairs and I felt so complete. I dropped the sign and flowers and caught her as she jumped into my arms.

Our lips locked immediately and soon we were having a make out session in the middle of the airport. I grabbed her stuff and headed back to my Range Rover.
"So baby where do you think she is," I asked.
"Let me drive I know the way," she said.

We drove for a half an hour and spoke about Kalin the whole ride. Soon appeared in front of a bakery.
"Uh honey we don't have time for sweets we have to find her," I said confused at why we were here.
"This is the right place. Stay in the car I want to talk to her alone," she said pecking my lips and walking out.

Stina's POV
The door jingled as I walked in the bakery. All the memories from 8th grade flooded back. We both had our first date here, shared laughs and tears.

An elderly lady appeared from the back and froze in her place when she saw me.
"Justina is that you," she asked.
I was at lost of words so I nodded my head and embraced her. Tears began to roll down my face and to the short woman's shirt.
"Nana Harris I missed you so much," I choked out.

Nana Harris wasn't my or Jay's biological grandmother. She was the owner of the bakery and was like out grandmother since both of our had died. We would come here everyday after school and tell her about our boy problems or how tough our teachers were.
I pulled back and looked at her.
"Nana is she here," I asked.
"She's up in my room. I'll let you two have some alone time," she said.

I walked up the stairs and heard sobbing. I walked into Nana Farris' room and saw Jay on her phone looking at the photos of Kalin and her on her phone. I cleared my throat and she saw that I was in front of her. She immediately ran to me and jumped on me. I wrapped my arms around her as the tears began to pour out her eyes.

She pulled back and say on the bed. I studied her a noticed how much of a toll this was taking on her. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying so much. There were bags under eyes from lack of sleep and there were pimples on her forehead from stress.

"Is he here," she whispered.
"No Myles is downstairs in the car. I don't know where Kalin is."
She flinched at the sound of his name.
"Okay Jay get your shit together. You need to grow some balls, and stop crying over him. I know you feel hurt and betrayed but snap out of it. Your dance team needs you so get your act together and join your team," I said frustrated.

She looked at me like a deer in headlights.
"And before you say anything yes Kalin will be there because he is co-captain of the team. But don't think for a second he doesn't regret that voicemail. In fact you think you look like shit, Kalin is 10x worse from what Myles told me on the way here. He hasn't slept, bathed, eaten or anything besides sit in bed and cry while looking at your photos. Myles told me he even started smoking weed just so he could attempt to forget about that voicemail and that your not there by his side. I'm not saying you should forgive him but I'm saying hear him out. He thought you were cheating on him with Max. So please just come back and dance so you guys can have the next week off. Also I'm not saying you have to do it right now but eventually your going to have to face him Jay so just prepare yourself," I said all at once.

She got up and hugged me.
"Thank you Stina, your like the mother I never had. I don't know where I'd be without you," she said.
I smiled and pulled her close.
"Me either Jay. Me either."
///////////////////////////////////
HEKKA HEKKA HEKKA SORRY FOR SUCH A CRAPPY CHAPTER LIKE THIS WAS A FILLER BUT IT WAS A CRUSTY FILLER NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER I PROMISE. GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK THE SUMMER GLING BC ITS PRETTY BOMB AF. THANK YOU GUYS FOR 9.6k LETS GET IT TO 10K. LOVE YOU SM. IDK WHY THIS IS ALL IN CAPS BUT WHATEVER. STAY HYPHY AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOUR MOMS OUT THERE.
-J