Chapter 31

Jay's POV
I woke up in my bed and rolled over to a cold side. I sat up confused at why Kalin wasn't next to me but the memories from the night before flooded in. I reached over for my rectangular device and turned it on. I expected to be met with millions of missed calls and apologetic texts from him.

There was nothing.

I was puzzled at his actions in the past few days. I shook it off and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Stina and Myles were cuddled up on the couch watching The Notebook. I greeted them good morning and sat on the other couch alone.

Throughout the movie I couldn't help but look at them and think about my relationship with Kalin. He's been acting so weird ever since we got back from New York. I want to ask him about it but I'm afraid he'll lash out on me. I really like Kalin, fuck it I'm in love with him. I don't want our relationship to end up my last. He really could be the one for me, I don't want to let him go.

"Jay are you okay," Myles asked.
I opened the camera on my phone and saw my face covered in tears.

"Oh uh this movie gets to me all the time," I said trying to play it off.

The obviously didn't believe me but didn't press into it. They faced back to the TV. I sneaked out the room and up to my bedroom. I grabbed my phone and went to his contact. Even thought he should be the one to call me first I miss his voice. I dialed his number and sat there as the like rang, and rang and rang.

"Hi this is Kalin. I'm most likely eating, dancing or your call is irrelevant to me. Leave message and I'll try and get back to you," his voicemail said.

I hung up and sat defeated. He's probably still sleeping so I decided to go to his house and speak to him there. I took and shower and threw on some sweats and my vans. I put on light makeup and put my hair up in a ponytail. I ran past Stina and Myles ignoring their questions about my future location.

I revved the ignition and began driving to his house. I pulled up and knocked on the door. Mama Starlah answered the door.

"Hey baby how are you," she asked pulling me in for a hug.
"I'm fine is Kalin here," I asked walking in.
"No isn't he at your house. He told me he spent the night," she said confused.

I sat there shocked that he lied to his own mom. I didn't want to expose him so I went along with it.

"Oops duh. He must've gone out to shoot some hoops with his friends this morning," I said nervously laughing.

"You know that boy loves his basketball."
We both nodded our heads and sat in the kitchen.

"How've you been recently Mama?"
"I'm good I miss my boy though."
"Wasn't he over here yesterday to babysit LaLa? Oh is she feeling better I heard she was sick."
"Honey who told you this."
"Kalin did," I said confused.

"Sweetie LaLa has been at her friend's house all week. I haven't seen Kalin since the day he introduced me to you and we had dinner," she said puzzled.

I couldn't keep up with the amount of lies he had. I let go of all my emotions and broke down right there. I felt a pair of arms lift my head off the table.

"Jay look at me. Talk to me tell me everything. Tell me what's bothering you," she said concerned.
"It's Kalin. He's going back to his old ways and I'm scared. I really love him and think he's the one," I said barely audible.