10

The kettle went off as you sat on the couch and read a book, you sighed as it kept going. You put the book down and walked to the kitchen, grabbing the kettle and put it on the counter. You turned off the stove and walked away, walking back to the couch and sat back down. You grabbed your book and started to read again, you glanced up to see habit walking down the hall and towards the kitchen.

" Why did you put the kettle on the counter," habit asked as you flipped the paged.

" Because I can," you said as you glanced at him.

He huffed as he went back to his own thing, you smiled as you knew you pissed him off. It was one of the few things you enjoyed, as it was away you could get back at him. You went back to your book and began to read, it wasn't a good book. It was one of those cheesy love stories, you use to love them as a teen. Now it was cringe, true love didn't exist. You sighed as you began to think of observer, you put the book down and walked to the window. It was too painful to think about it, you wonder how he could have left you alone with that monster. He abandoned your children and left them with that monster, all because he was stressed. Tears filled your eyes as you looked at your thighs, you were so angry. You shook your head and whipped your tears away, no point on crying over this. You looked away from the window and stood up, walking to the bathroom. You were going to have a bath, you weren't feeling well at the moment. Probably due to the sad moment you just had, you walked up the stairs and quietly walked down the hall.

"where are you going," habit asked as you stopped in your tracks.

" I'm going to have a bath," you said as you glance at him.

He looked at you for a few seconds before talking.

" I don't trust you, you're not going alone," he said as he lead you to the bathroom.

You rolled your eyes as he opened the bathroom door, you walked in and started to run the bathtub as he went and grabbed clothes. Standing at the tub, you watched it fill up as the water swayed back and forth. You turned the tab to cold, and kept watching the water. The door opened and habit walked in, he held a bundle of clothes. He placed them in the sink before looking at you, he smiled slightly.

" Leave me alone," you said as you turned off the tap.

" Why would I do that, you are mine after all," he said as he watched you get undress.

You rolled your eyes as you threw your clothes in the corner, Habit smiled as he began to get undress. You glared at him as you got in the tub, you had no privacy which bothered you a lot. He got in the tub and sat behind you, the water rised almost spilling out of the tub.

" Don't get mad at me that I have to be in the tub with you, you brought this around yourself," he said as you let out a huff. He chuckled at your childish behavior, he looked at your back and frown. The marks were there from that night, he looked at the scratches and bite marks he left. He put a hand on your back and ran his fingers across the marks, you shivered at his touch.

" I'm sorry," he said catching you off guard.

" What," you said not sure if you heard him right.

" I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you," he said his voice cracking as he spoke.

You felt your blood boil, why was he apologizing. Did he think it would make it better, you stood up and took a step out of the tub. You yelp as you slipped on the floor, habit jumped out of the tub and grabbed you. Your heart was pounding hard as your head touched the ground softly, you slowly looked at habit who was panting as he held you close. He pulled you up and sat you at the edge of the tub, he began to look at you seeing if you had hit the ground. He sighed as he saw you didn't touch the ground.